PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One > GSM Nexus One Upgrades
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Froyo is here

Freezing issue is being caused by USB connection with computer, often when you disconnect it will freeze.
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Freezing issue is being caused by USB connection with computer, often when you disconnect it will freeze.
I had that issue when I used a Froyo-compatible .34 kernel, but that's a known issue with .34.

After that, I flashed back to the stock kernel and it worked fine. Since I have apps installed to the SD card, it did take a little bit before I could actually use it as mass storage and it took it a little bit to unmount it.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 NEXUS ONE
Carrier: t mobile

dusty- is keeping up the good workdusty- is keeping up the good work

As of now I haven't tethered my nexus and am still rooted so I'm thinking it may be an installed app causing the freezing. Also dragon2 said I should wipe my phone then re-flash the update but I don't see the wipe option in bootloader.
Any suggestions?
thanks guys.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

If you don't see wipe more then likely you are not rooted and have to push the recovery image back on and run cm quick rooter to gain root access back. As for the freezing it wasn't happening on tethering but on USB connection to computer to transfer data. How did you get 2.2 on your phone, were you stock 1st or were you on cm and flashed the simple updater from Paul?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2010, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 NEXUS ONE
Carrier: t mobile

dusty- is keeping up the good workdusty- is keeping up the good work

Yeah pslim, I updated with the link you posted before the threads were merged and I've always been stock on the N1. I just flashed from SD card since it was official update and didn't need to be rooted.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

How does storing the apps on the sd card work in Froyo? Do you still need to setup a partition in order to store the apps, or do the apps just go into a folder on your SD card, and no special partitioning is required (meaning no ext partition)?
Old 05-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
How does storing the apps on the sd card work in Froyo? Do you still need to setup a partition in order to store the apps, or do the apps just go into a folder on your SD card, and no special partitioning is required (meaning no ext partition)?
no special partioning is needed, they go into a special folder.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty- View Post
Yeah pslim, I updated with the link you posted before the threads were merged and I've always been stock on the N1. I just flashed from SD card since it was official update and didn't need to be rooted.
I'm not sure whats causing the freezing, my only option was the usb.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I also haven't been experiencing freezing. After a boot, sometimes it runs a little slow for about a minute or two, but then it smooths out.

The only freezing I had was unmounting a USB Mass Storage session, like p-slim.

I had a custom recovery installed and I wiped data/factory reset, wiped cache and dalvik cache before I updated.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:17 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I also haven't been experiencing freezing. After a boot, sometimes it runs a little slow for about a minute or two, but then it smooths out.

The only freezing I had was unmounting a USB Mass Storage session, like p-slim.

I had a custom recovery installed and I wiped data/factory reset, wiped cache and dalvik cache before I updated.
At first after flashing froyo I was getting freezes. I also instantly installed all my apps so that could be it.

After getting freezes on day 1 wiped/factory reset in recovery, cleared cache and dalvike cache and stayed only installed about 4 needed apps. I've yet to have a freeze in 2 days since then and also been slowly putting my apps back on.

So conclusion is the wipe cache and dalvike cache is needed along with the wipe and factory reset.
Or its a app that I HAVE installed before that I've yet put on....

Dusty. I say factory reset through settings to stock froyo. Don't install any apps or maybe just the main few ya use and monitor it for the day. If all goes well add a few apps and wait a few more hours and keep doing that till ya find anything.

Froyo is perfect for me. Now I'm loading launcher pro back to see how she runs for froyo...

Imo froyo smokes stock and cyanogen 2.1 azw ... I just miss trackball wake and 360 degree rotation.
now for cyanogen with a froyo release then ill be in heaven.

As ya al know there's rumor of a updated froyo version as this may not be done yet. Well for me it awesome, if this was final I could see it being cause for me it runs flawless ...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One > GSM Nexus One Upgrades