PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Nokia to have Android as "backup plan" to WP8 failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeB View Post
I'm suprised that no one's ported android over to the lumia... not that I have much say in it since I dont know how or where to begin to learn lol

Seems like aside from the touch pro 2 and the newest hp touchpad, I just don't see android being ported onto non android devices.

I mean just because nokia doesn't want android, doesn't mean someone wont figure out how to get it there if they wanted.
Yea but who in their right mind would do it? Especially considering the 99999999999999999999999 Android devices out there, and besides it would only run it like the MT4G runs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
it doesnt matter what the price of the phone is. your paying for it via your 2 year or more contract. your paying for it by missing the opportunity to have a current and decent and upgradeable phone. you seem to forget the hiddwn costs. its not just the initial 50 or 100 dollars you put down.
also, people may not seem to care, but as long as big news sites like cnet keep putting these out, Lumia 900 still a raw deal despite heavy discount | Mobile - CNET News people will care. they will see this article after theyve already bought the phone and feel jaded by nokia and windowz phone and maybe consider not buying one again.
If people want a better phone they will pay up for it, just like what the iPhone 4 users did for the 4S and just like what the 3GS users did for the 4 just for siri
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
This is what I meant....

And @ Eric, top 5 devices ? Out of what 5 phones? There's very few Current WPs to choose from, let alone high end.... It took WP like 18months to come out with a great phone(assuming WP is capable of greatness at its early age)
Guess I have to provide some articles, here we go:

T-Mobile pleased with Windows Phone, sees a climb in sales and a bright future | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

T-Mobile Blog
Old 07-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Yea but who in their right mind would do it? Especially considering the 99999999999999999999999 Android devices out there, and besides it would only run it like the MT4G runs it.

If people want a better phone they will pay up for it, just like what the iPhone 4 users did for the 4S and just like what the 3GS users did for the 4 just for siri

Guess I have to provide some articles, here we go:

T-Mobile pleased with Windows Phone, sees a climb in sales and a bright future | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

T-Mobile Blog

Both of those articles are the same thing with the same source..

And they don't give any numbers "more that doubled' so they sold 10 instead of 4?

same with their percentage, wow 55% percent of upgrades came from feature phone people? How many of Android upgrades come from feature phone people? Is this even significant?

55% of the 10 phones they sold means 5.5 people who never had a smartphone before were dumb enough to get a lumia710. Because it is FREE I am willing to bet. I've used a Lumia710, that phone sucks. '

And guaranteed people buying this phone don't realize it is going to be obsolete very soon, which is a big problem.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:45 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

i prefer a real, unbiased news source. who would guess that "tmo news" and "wpcentral" would be slanted towards tmobile and wp?

Old 07-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
i prefer a real, unbiased news source. who would guess that "tmo news" and "wpcentral" would be slanted towards tmobile and wp?
The second link was there to prevent ignorant posts like this. That's from T-mobile themselves.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
The second link was there to prevent ignorant posts like this. That's from T-mobile themselves.
Please don't call my post ignorant. I disagree with you, so we discuss things. Thats how it works. If you don't like the discussion, don't post .
Reported for breaking rule number 2, and the Golden rule.

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App

Last edited by austin420; 07-21-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Both of those articles are the same thing with the same source..

And they don't give any numbers "more that doubled' so they sold 10 instead of 4?

same with their percentage, wow 55% percent of upgrades came from feature phone people? How many of Android upgrades come from feature phone people? Is this even significant?

55% of the 10 phones they sold means 5.5 people who never had a smartphone before were dumb enough to get a lumia710. Because it is FREE I am willing to bet. I've used a Lumia710, that phone sucks. '

And guaranteed people buying this phone don't realize it is going to be obsolete very soon, which is a big problem.
If this phone "sucked" (I'll even admit it's not for me ) it wouldn't have almost a perfect rating on the reviews section

Lumia 710 Phone | Nokia Windows Cell Phone | Mango OS | T-Mobile

And that's over 200 reviews,same amount as the SGSII and you can bet that it runs better than any cheap or free android they're offering.
Quote:
Please don't call my post ignorant. I disagree with you, so we discuss things. Thats how it works. If you don't like the discussion, don't post .
Reported for breaking rule number 4, and the Golden rule.

I didn't break any rules because I wasn't calling you ignorant.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Well I mean these aren't people coming from android or iOS. Any smartphone is going to seem good to them...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus on the PPCGeeks App
Old 07-17-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:

I didn't break any rules because I wasn't calling you ignorant.
Apparently you've never read rule 2, as it says nothing about name calling.
On topic, I agree with orangekid. :b

Last edited by austin420; 07-21-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:31 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Well I mean these aren't people coming from android or iOS. Any smartphone is going to seem good to them...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus on the PPCGeeks App
It's obvious you haven't read any of the reviews. Shame that you've chosen to use the bash hammer now, you used to defend the OS back in 2010/early 2011.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions