PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; mwp6985))

Anybody got this working on the Verizon trophy?
Old 08-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: Want MANGO 7720 *FINAL* now ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; mwp6985))

OP is on Trophy.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post

Yea, my phone is a Vzw Trophy, No problems at all going from 7712 to RTM but, later this weekend I'll be rolling back to NoDO to fix a sideload issue.

No problems at all on the Trophy

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 08-13-2011, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

aximtreo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Yea, my phone is a Vzw Trophy, No problems at all going from 7712 to RTM but, later this weekend I'll be rolling back to NoDO to fix a sideload issue.

No problems at all on the Trophy

Maybe you can answer a question for me. During the upgrade to 7712, the backup portion of the process failed and I do not have the NoDo backup to revert to. In the NoDo backup, is all the data backed up or just the OS portion. If it's just the NoDo, then I should be able to get a NoDo from some good samaritan to restore for the official Mango.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
Maybe you can answer a question for me. During the upgrade to 7712, the backup portion of the process failed and I do not have the NoDo backup to revert to. In the NoDo backup, is all the data backed up or just the OS portion. If it's just the NoDo, then I should be able to get a NoDo from some good samaritan to restore for the official Mango.
If the backup worked, it should be here (copy to a run command)

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update

The folder in there should be a few gb, if it worked. If it's there and it is a few GB, copy it someplace to back it up. Then go into Zune, settings, Phone, updates, and look for the restore option.

Now the bad news...

You can't take a backup from someone else's phone and just install it, it will fail. The software is locked to your ESN or something so if you put it on another phone it will give errors and not be usable.

Your best bet is to do a insurance replacement (if you need to) or go to 7720, the rumor is that Microsoft is installing 7720.68 to employess phones, so it should take a update to retail but, you wont be able to roll back.

DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS, I DONT KNOW FOR SURE

Good luck !
Old 08-14-2011, 12:20 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Updated first post with the details of RTM vs. Release to clear up any questions on this version.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:28 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Running great all weekend for my HTC Arrive on Sprint. The whole update process from the 7712 build took about 15 minutes, and indeed, I think I spent about 20 minutes per build for the previous betas, so if you do this from NoDo, plan about an hour to get this installed... mileage may vary, of course.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Interesting. How soon do you think Sprint and the other carriers will take to actually release it to the public? How long did everyone else have WM6.5 before we all got it for our TP2's
Old 08-15-2011, 01:17 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I rolled back to NoDo last night to fix my Sideload/Explorer apps. After rolling back to NoDo, it too me about an hour and 1/2 to do the upgrade (stopped inbetween 7004 and 7012 to do some steps to keep my unlock).

Now, Unlocked, unlimited sideload and on 7720, my Trophy is almost perfect now...

As for carrier releases.... Depending on how soon they(carriers) got the beta and where in testing it is. Mango Apps start showing in the marketplace next month, so Microsoft has a big push for that. If not there will be new apps that no one will have access to, as no devs are going to update or create apps for a old version of the OS.

So in a nut shell, you dont get Mango by the first, you might not get access to new apps, PERIOD.

Verizon and Sprint might be behind a little but, I'd bet you'd see AT&T within the first 2 weeks, if not on the 1st, same with TMOUS.

This will be the test for Verizon for me, I know the big push is here to be on mango(due to new Apps and lack of support for Nodo after the 1st) but, if we don't see mango on a Verizon phone for months(Verizon supported), it will show the lack of dedication from them and even with AT&T's lack of coverage in my area, it might be worth it if I want to stay with Windows Phone 7(the browsing the web wile talking on the phone is now a big issue for me, will LTE fix this ?).

Also would like to know if they will be fully supporting the OS, meaning Visual Voicemail is built into mango, I tried to enable the feature with Verizon but, of course the Phone does not enable it so it wont work with mango. I hope to see better support for the OS with My device.

Verizon you need to step your game up here and NOW.

Last edited by DavidinCT; 08-15-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; T-Mobile_LEO; Windows Phone 6.5))

I'll let you know when tmobile starts to push theirs, I'm with you... I left sprint because they don't have any phones that interest me, plus I've gotten used to talking and surfing the.net.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions