PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How did Samsung Focus outperform the Atrix?

I've been saying this time and time again during CES, despite the android love. Optimization. Android lacks it. Now there is proof (and not idle conjecture)
Windows Phone 7 still faster than NVidia Tegra 2 powered Motorola Atrix
the only issue with the video is that the wp7 device is not plugged in, but just for jokes and giggles I plugged in my device to A/C charger while the video played. And yet, even charging wp7 still outperformed the device in the video
Now this is a 1 gig ram dual core tegra 1 gig processor.
Discuss?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: How did Samsung Focus outperform the Atrix?

Like you said, optimization. The problem with Android is still fragmentation. Not every phone out there has a Snapdragon or Hummingbird. They all have different amounts of RAM, etc. So its hard to optimize it since they have to make it compatible with any hardware that comes out...similar to how WM was.

With WP7, Microsoft tells the hardware manufacturers exactly what they can use, and they've optimized everything for it. Just look at the Snapdragon...everyone on Android that has compared it to the Hummingbird has said how much it sucks for graphics and gaming. With my WP7 phone, gaming is MUCH better than it was on Android, and all WP7 phones have a Snapdragon. So its not the processor, its the OS and optimizations.

Wait until the update comes in the next few months too. If you look on the homepage, I posted a video comparison I found about game load times. It won't make the OS load faster, but it'll help games and some apps load faster too.

That update will be pretty big, especially with copy/paste. Now I'm just waiting for multitasking, TTS navigation and some more apps.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How did Samsung Focus outperform the Atrix?

no do would probably make for a better experience but I caution grabbing the update till xda finds way to keep the OS unlocked to sideloading of apps. That's important to me. As far as optimization, luckily windows is keeping up with no do because it brings support to both qualcomm chipsets. I wonder if htc will use the new qualcomm chipsets or manufacture a wp7 device made from the cheap litter...this is htc we are talking about so it will be the latter I think.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions