PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Windows Phone 7 Detailed Review: Should I just Go Android Now? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129191)

jerryyyyy 07-19-2010 10:43 PM

Windows Phone 7 Detailed Review: Should I just Go Android Now?

Paul Thurrott does the TWIT Windows Weekly podcast and know more about Windows than most has produced a quick detailed review:

http://www.winsupersite.com/mobile/wp7_handson.asp

I have to say that reading this review about the poor integration of Office and the need to run Zune on my PC makes me want to drop Windows Mobile sooner rather than later and learn to love Android.

I am very familiar with Windows IDs and their version of the Cloud, and this is what they are pushing, but it pales in comparison to Google's and if I can't get basic compatibility with Office, why bother. I don't think I'll stick with Windows Mobile 6.5 for very long without anything on the horizon....

Miami_Son 07-19-2010 11:07 PM

Re: Windows Phone 7 Detailed Review: Should I just Go Android Now?

Looks like a very positive review: "On that note, virtually everything I've learned about this platform over time has only increased that excitement, culminating, perhaps, in my secretive first hands-on experiences with prototype devices back in May."

"And I'm here to tell you that Windows Phone isn't just competitive. It's better. It's more innovative than anything from those other companies, and people will be shocked by how good the big picture stuff is on these devices."

Not sure why you feel so negative about it.

darren.wlsn1 07-19-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miami_Son (Post 1874448)
Looks like a very positive review: "On that note, virtually everything I've learned about this platform over time has only increased that excitement, culminating, perhaps, in my secretive first hands-on experiences with prototype devices back in May."

"And I'm here to tell you that Windows Phone isn't just competitive. It's better. It's more innovative than anything from those other companies, and people will be shocked by how good the big picture stuff is on these devices."

Not sure why you feel so negative about it.

thanx and well put sir.

fishingmedic 07-19-2010 11:17 PM

Not to mention that most of what I've read about it is saying it's still being tweaked and modified prior to release, so it should be even better. Is everything on it going to be the greatest?? No, not a chance, but show me an OS that has no drawbacks. If you want to jump ship to android, no ones gonna stop you, and you may be happier doing that. I for one will give WP7 a shot and see what it holds, because for right now, no one is sure and at least by giving it a shot I'll know myself which is better for me.

darren.wlsn1 07-20-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingmedic (Post 1874462)
Not to mention that most of what I've read about it is saying it's still being tweaked and modified prior to release, so it should be even better. Is everything on it going to be the greatest?? No, not a chance, but show me an OS that has no drawbacks. If you want to jump ship to android, no ones gonna stop you, and you may be happier doing that. I for one will give WP7 a shot and see what it holds, because for right now, no one is sure and at least by giving it a shot I'll know myself which is better for me.

ok, your post is even better than other users i thanked.

Miami_Son 07-20-2010 12:34 AM

I didn't know it was a contest.:wink:

Mr.KLeen 07-20-2010 12:49 AM

wp7 fo life

Daikazetatsu 07-20-2010 01:00 AM

After reading this article and watching the included video, WP7 looks great to me. http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/19/windows-phone-7-in-depth-preview/

sprinttouch666 07-20-2010 05:44 AM

I'm surprised at how good the reviews sound! i figured after bashing winmo for years and the kin fiasco WP7 wouldn't be so glorified. But, froyo on my TP2 if fun :)

Hard decision, I'm gunna stay winmo until winter. If WP7 has tons of good apps, killer phones, and a decent sized hacking community it my kill Android. And what the hell is up with Gingerbread???? lol being patient sucks :confused2:

oldpueblo 07-20-2010 07:19 AM

Don't get me wrong I understand the market MS wants to go after, but I could care less about pictures and social networking sites. I use my phone for business mostly and I hope it won't be hard to "get that stuff outta my face." :p