PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will windows phone 7 os suck or be good u think?

seems microsoft can do the remote killing thing too, im sure they will add that feature to wp7 as well http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micro...s-122126.shtml
Old 06-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

birddseedd is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd
i dono if i like the idea of the developing company having such direct access to my device.

some say M$ has the abilitity to see any computer in the world. i dono if its true or not. windows would have to announce its ip to a server for this to happen. personally i dont think i buy it. someone would have detected this traffic by now and exposed it. m$ couldent activate it from their side since most people are behind a router and all incomming traffic is blocked.
though i suppose they could just hide the protocol in windows update or another simular service.

as for wp7, i think ima wait and see if its anny good before moving to the dark side (iphone). assuming they make a cdma one and my job site will reconize safari as a browser.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

do they have any plans on making and enforcing any type of centralized app store. like apples "app store"

i know they have marketplace, but there is somewhere around 40 apps on it last i checked, thats a little pointless.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:27 AM
Back

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

theres about 1000 apps in microsofts current marketplace and yes of course they will have a marketplace. there will be 2 different ones for apps and also for zune related stuff i believe. there will be no sideloading software so all apps will come from the market, just like apples
Old 06-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
theres about 1000 apps in microsofts current marketplace and yes of course they will have a marketplace. there will be 2 different ones for apps and also for zune related stuff i believe. there will be no sideloading software so all apps will come from the market, just like apples
Devs will be able to sideload from IDE (Visual Studio). im mobile right now so ill post the article later. doesnt help the average user, but a nice perk for devs anyway.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Back

yeah i know devs will have all types of privilages that most wont i was reading an article, probably the same one, awhile back but like u said most users wont know or even care.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

thats good to know. and ill have to check out market place again and see whats new in it.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

course devs wont even need the device as they can run wm directly from visual studio. though there would have to be an update or newer version for wp7.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post

course devs wont even need the device as they can run wm directly from visual studio. though there would have to be an update or newer version for wp7.
the wp7 dev tools are already available. and from personal experience, the emulators (wm on pc) are great, but nothing compares to the real deal.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

so do you think wp7 has the potential to compete with iphone 4?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions