PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Arrow The Benchmark Thread For WinMo!!!

This should be a lot of fun folks !!
I started this thread so ALL Windows Mobile users could have a place where they could come together and compare their results using the same Benchmark. I have attached a cab to this post with a Freeware Benchmark App that I have had for a while. I tried to go to the website and download an updated copy but I think the company no longer exists(lol) so there is no reason to worry about copyrights ! This benchmark should run on any Windows Mobile PPC running Windows Mobile 5 or newer so it should be fun to compare results for different devices. It runs on my Vogue, lol and we know it is two years old now! I posted this thread here hoping maybe all WinMo users would participate. Let's make this fun everyone! No trash talking please!

Basically just download the attached cab to your device, install , run the benchmark and post your best results. I recommend installing to device memory because you should achieve better results. It is a large cab (12mb) but you can easily uninstall if you decide to do so. I suggest that before you run the benchmark, put your device in airplane mode and soft reset. That way you shouldn't have any interruption while you run it.
FYI Results are stored in Program Files /Vsb2007/results

Here are my results:
Graphics T1: 1315
Others T2: 1395
JPEG T3: 2590
Games T4: 1214
Sound T5: 1038

Final Score: 1510

What's your Speed!?

NOTE:
lol The cab is big enough that I couldn't compress it enough to upload so I did a search and I found that this cab was already uploaded by rstoyguy so I give him all the credit for this !! Thanks rstoyguy!!
Here is the link to the cab:

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/rstoy...k2007Setup.CAB

Last edited by horndoctor; 11-14-2009 at 04:37 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:25 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Threadstarter

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Re: The Benchmark Thread For WinMo!!!

Nobody wants to try it?
Old 11-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Nobody wants to try it?
i would do this....if i had an HD2 and not my same 528mhz cpu in my tp2.....
Old 11-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjnotu View Post
i would do this....if i had an HD2 and not my same 528mhz cpu in my tp2.....
How come? I'm curious how the TP2 would score. It would prolly blow my scores away! Like I said it will run on any WinMo phone. If you do I would mute the sound so you don't have to listen to the music. lol
Old 11-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

just plays the music and nothing came up when its done goes to the home screen
Old 11-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Threadstarter

That's weird! Did you soft reset first?
Old 11-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

no hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Old 11-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

u would think somone who has been here for 2 years would be smart enough to soft reset haha
Old 11-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

even after the soft reset i get the same thing
Old 11-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm going to give this a try later tonight when I have more time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions