PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Dare to use chinese PPC? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91863)

climberyao 10-22-2009 06:48 AM

Dare to use chinese PPC?

the ppc i am using is motorola E6, but last day I found a chinese website, where has many PPC .they are not only multifunctional but cheap.
check this :www.epathchina.com
what do you think?

drewcam888 10-22-2009 08:53 AM

Re: Dare to use chinese PPC?

they are junk

climberyao 10-22-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewcam888 (Post 1253756)
they are junk

have you used one ?

[sammich] 10-22-2009 11:18 PM

They are cheap knock-offs. None of them are official devices. Notice the screen shots - not Windows Mobile, nor do they mention the name of the device.

k_semler 10-23-2009 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by climberyao (Post 1253674)
the ppc i am using is motorola E6, but last day I found a chinese website, where has many PPC .they are not only multifunctional but cheap.
check this :www.epathchina.com
what do you think?

Legitimate Manufacturer: Clean room environment, static gaurds, even nicotine use is prohibited by employees, Tested procedure of reliabilty, reasonably reilable OS. Operates on approved GSM/CDMA frequencies

China Manufacturer: Some guy sitting out on his front porch cobbling together something that works, his front porch is facing a main thoroughfare that would barely classify as an alley in first world terminology, Throws a bunch of ICs from different scrap phones together using acidic soldier and a second hand PCB. No sterilization available. "Testing" consists of powering it on, and if it powers up, it ships to market. OS is whatever you can find to put on it without any testing on the hardware, Unlisenced device. May cause interference in other electronic devices.

As an old saying goes: "You get what you pay for."

climberyao 10-23-2009 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_semler (Post 1257041)
Legitimate Manufacturer: Clean room environment, static gaurds, even nicotine use is prohibited by employees, Tested procedure of reliabilty, reasonably reilable OS. Operates on approved GSM/CDMA frequencies

China Manufacturer: Some guy sitting out on his front porch cobbling together something that works, his front porch is facing a main thoroughfare that would barely classify as an alley in first world terminology, Throws a bunch of ICs from different scrap phones together using acidic soldier and a second hand PCB. No sterilization available. "Testing" consists of powering it on, and if it powers up, it ships to market. OS is whatever you can find to put on it without any testing on the hardware, Unlisenced device. May cause interference in other electronic devices.

As an old saying goes: "You get what you pay for."

gee, how do you know that ? you are really the master

drewcam888 10-23-2009 09:06 AM

What are you talking about? People are so random lately.

mulhiny 10-23-2009 11:33 AM

Ok, to the OP..this is primarly a CDMA site and the site you recomended is all GSM. I ask you OP, what carrier are you on? Point us to the phones that will work with Sprint and VZW.

climberyao 10-23-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewcam888 (Post 1257361)
What are you talking about? People are so random lately.

tell me more, i am interesting

gprimr1 10-23-2009 09:44 PM

Any website that advertises an MP5 player is a fraud.