PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 07:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

twistedfish is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to twistedfish
Re: 2 phone numbers 1 phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveystyles View Post
*sighs* No, I wasn't trying to beat the system, and get a free phone line. Please know what your talking about before you make assumptions.
Sorry....I was being defensive and I should not have implied that you were trying to accomplish anything illegal. Peace Brother!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
They are not accepting any new accounts.

~John
I've been on that waiting list for at least 6 months, probably more.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

i have been waiting for an invite to GGC for a year and 8 months now...
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:04 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

tell me about it. I wont be holding my breath on this one.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

The problem with dual NAM programming (at least with Verizon, my former carrier) was always that you could only have one NAM active at a time. And switching was never all that easy as it was often buried in the menus. So if calls went to your inactive NAM, they'd go to voicemail and you wouldn't even get a VM notification until you switched active NAMs, so you'd be doing that all day just to see if you had any messages.

My solution is a service like Kall8 (there are plenty of these services around nowadays - I endorse them only as a longtime paying customer). You can get a local number and forward it to your cell. There's also a virtual calling card service so that you can dial an 800 number and make your outgoing calls with the CID of your Kall8 number(s). I do this to manage my business, so I can make a call from my company phone number regardless of what phone I'm using, and I can have multiple inbound numbers ring my cell phone. It's not free but it's not very expensive. If you have any business justification for needing a service like this, IMHO it's very affordable.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the General Discussion Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 06-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
They are not accepting any new accounts.

~John
if you follow googlevoice or any of its employees on twitter, every couple weeks they tweet about how to get an early invite. Thats how I got my GV number. any BTW - the service rocks! I actually cancelled my 3rd line of cell service and use GV forwarded to my main phone as a business line now.

Ok - enough about that... back on topic.

On the sprint website the BB Pearl offers dual numbers. Its through the old nextel system though. Nothing like that available on Sprint labeled phones (HTC, PALM, etc...) I called and went through it with Sprint CSR a few different times.

[

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions