PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC

prolesoccer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Htc

Help! I am not computer savvy! I have a HTC phone TITA100. I would like to change some options on my phone but I need to know which way to go.
1 I would like to change the screen options with a different program.
2. I would like GPS linked to my phone.
Most of all I want to pimp my phone. Can anyone help. This is my first time visiting as advice from a friend in my business.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54
Re: Htc

well, if you want to "pimp your phone" you've come to the right place. depending on your carrier you should be able to upgrade to WM 6.1, this should activate your GPS. and then for changing your today screen options, theres a lot of programs. some you may want to look into are: ultimate launch, spb mobile shell, WAP, or m2d. you could also look into unlocking your phone and loading different roms onto it. however, i would advise you to do a lot more reading before attempting to do anything like that. welcome to ppcgeeks, and remember to search and read as much as you can. there is a lot of info here.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Youre close on some of this but lemme help you out. First and foremost, a "TITA100" isnt a device model but is a device name when looking under Device ID in Settings. Because Ive seen this before and used to have on with this same ID, Im going to go out on a limb and guess it is a 6700.

So for the OP, you need to go into your profile and add who is your carrier and what is your device model because that helps us help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplow54 View Post
well, if you want to "pimp your phone" you've come to the right place. depending on your carrier you should be able to upgrade to WM 6.1, this should activate your GPS.
Thats true on SOME devices, the 6700 cannot be uised with its internal GPS although the GPS icons can be unlocked throught the registry. To do GPS you will need an external GPS module like a Holux receiver.

Quote:
and then for changing your today screen options, theres a lot of programs. some you may want to look into are: ultimate launch, spb mobile shell, WAP, or m2d.
Yes these work well and Ive seen some very very creative layouts but the 6700 is very limited on RAM and making it look pretty, pretty much denies you from doing much else with it.

Quote:
you could also look into unlocking your phone and loading different roms onto it.
The 6700 doesnt need unlocking like the newer HTC devices. All you need to do is go download the Kitchen and make attention to your carrier and BootLoader settings. Dont try to change your BootLoader version BTW. You will just end up with more headaches. The latest radio version for the 6700 is 1.43 BTW. Google it or search this board for it if you want it.

Quote:
however, i would advise you to do a lot more reading before attempting to do anything like that.
Yes, I certainly agree with this. Do lots of reading and do not be scared to search. People get a little upset when you ask a Q on something that there has been tons of threads posted already for (like the GPS).

Quote:
welcome to ppcgeeks, and remember to search and read as much as you can. there is a lot of info here.
+1, Welcome and go over the the 6700 (Apache) forums and read there and search from there.

And please remember to go into your profile and add your carrier name and device model. THX
Old 02-09-2009, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: VZW

scottishwarrior is keeping up the good workscottishwarrior is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to scottishwarrior

Just a correction, a TITA100 is a ppc 6800 or vx6800 if you are on Verizon. Look in the Titan section, and the phone should be capable of GPS. OP just read first and search for info.

Jay

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions