PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Day light savings time (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20584)

Big D5 03-09-2008 07:41 AM

Day light savings time

What has become to be known as a Pocket PC was called a converged device basically a Pocket PC (PPC) phone. Before Sprint, Verizon, AT&T.... started making PPC there were handheld PPC that didn't have phones, daylight savings time changes were a night mare. All my appointments would be messed up the time wouldn't update properly etc. A few years ago Microsoft made a patch that had to be added to all PPC's to accommodate daylight savings time, I haven't needed to add this software to any of my converged devices because the Sprint connection seams to manage the time very well. What I am wondering is are you having any issues with the time change? If you are post what carrier do you have and what state do you live in.

1oddmanout 03-09-2008 11:22 AM

Re: Day light savings time

No problems; we worked late at the airport again last night (cancelled all flights to Ohio and NE and especially Canada due to weather, THOUSANDS of passengers stranded, out of hotels by midnight, and blessed be, only one medical emergency and everyone was civil except one young college girl - my poor passengers) and when I got home, exactly at 2am, the Mogul updated and sent me a message.

Oh, BTW, Sprint in Virginia

badchad 03-09-2008 11:29 AM

No big problems here. Yesterday though, I was a bit confused: The calendar on my Today screen kept displaying ALL my appointments an hour later than they should be. Other than that I had to manually update my clock using time synchronization because I have it off to prevent Activesync from constantly trying to connect.

InvincibleLiving 03-09-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1oddmanout (Post 208180)
No problems; we worked late at the airport again last night (cancelled all flights to Ohio and NE and especially Canada due to weather, THOUSANDS of passengers stranded, out of hotels by midnight, and blessed be, only one medical emergency and everyone was civil except one young college girl - my poor passengers) and when I got home, exactly at 2am, the Mogul updated and sent me a message.

Oh, BTW, Sprint in Virginia

1odd... you workin out of dulles?

CozBoogie 03-09-2008 12:00 PM

No problemo here. Am I work right now (uggg...Sunday morning) and my phone made the change flawlessy...however, our computer network and phone system haven't made the update yet....hmmmmm.

late,
Coz

Sprint/WA State

chewybang 03-09-2008 12:06 PM

My DST changed as it should; however, my alarm for today acted weird. I have it set for 8am on Sunday and it just went off at 9am. that scares me since this is the alarm I use to wake up every morning at 4:30am. If I miss it by an hour, i'm toast. I just reset my phone just in case and will test it out.

Genjinaro 03-09-2008 12:12 PM

My Titan updated perfectly, as did my calendar/alarms. :D
I had install M$ patch for this some time ago & it worked then too. I knew my Phone was ok but I'm glad to see my PC has performed the update as well, it didn't do it last year.

Land of the CheeseSteak, PA

samshady 03-09-2008 12:22 PM

I live in VA and have Sprint. So far everything seems ok I didn't have any alarms set for today or any appointments.

chewybang 03-09-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chewybang (Post 208206)
My DST changed as it should; however, my alarm for today acted weird. I have it set for 8am on Sunday and it just went off at 9am. that scares me since this is the alarm I use to wake up every morning at 4:30am. If I miss it by an hour, i'm toast. I just reset my phone just in case and will test it out.

I just did a soft reset and created a new alarm for 9:30am and it worked just fine. To make sure it goes off tomorrow morning, I changed the alarm to another time, clicked OK, then went back and set it to the correct time again. I'm hoping this works properly tomorrow.

midniteslice 03-09-2008 12:48 PM

my apache with helmi's wm6 went perfectly. PI kept all my data straight. i even stayed up to see. (i have no life)