PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Anyone upgrading to iphone 4?

I would get it, especially if you can get some decent coin for your 3GS,

The difference is not just flash and screen. The processor plays a HUGE role, iOS 4 is more efficient and looks a little better than 3.x, it's got extra 6 axis G sensor, and the material used is rediculously high grade stuff.

a "4G" would have been worthless until there's decent LTE coverage, which is still in the distance here. And honestly I think 4G is a little overrated, there's wifi hotspots everywhere, and 3G can get you what you need in most cases. I know I'm going to be getting one although I'm going to use it on tmobile.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Does the 3GS work on T-Mo's 3G network or just EDGE? I know T-Mo uses a different band...
Old 06-11-2010, 12:28 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Speaking of LTE coverage..AT&T plans to roll out LTE next year..so guess is they will most likely charge a higher monthly fee for it but make it unlimited. I mean the 5gb limit was set at one point, we all complained but accepted it in the end.

Oh and we are not biased against the iphone or discriminate against it in ANY way...

p.s Every time someone buys an iPhone, Steve Jobs personally drowns a kitten...think of the poor poor kittens!!!

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certs View Post
Does the 3GS work on T-Mo's 3G network or just EDGE? I know T-Mo uses a different band...
Edge only, it works 3G on Telus though.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Focus
Carrier: At&t

nite732 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to nite732 Send a message via Yahoo to nite732 Send a message via Skype™ to nite732

I'm getting it no matter what. 4g is game. It's a little faster but the biggest benefit is to cdma carriers so the can have sim voice and data. Att already has that and the iphones is already fast. This is the phone I was waiting for. If the first one had 3g and the equipment this on has it would have been perfect, but this plastic of the 3g and 3gs hasn't been working for me.

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions