PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 05:14 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Dual Boot Windows on Android Based Phone

Would it be crazy to want to dual boot into Windows from an Android Based phone? I've been playing with Android on the HD2 and its pretty stable now. What if I move to the Epic 4g and I want to run Windows also
Old 08-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Dual Boot Windows on Android Based Phone

not saying its impossible, however i highly doubt anyone is/will ever work on porting win mo to anything. first and foremost its illegal without proper licensing and with the rate at which android is developing and with wp7 a couple months away i wouldnt hold my breath for it to happen man

do what i do, get your epic and just keep your tp2 around for when you want winmo
Old 08-19-2010, 02:14 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Yes, getting Windows Mobile on an Android device would be illegal...so I doubt anyone would go that route...the best you can hope for as far as other operating systems is maybe ubuntu and/or meego...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Android Convert
Threadstarter

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Makes me wish Sprint had an HD2 even more now.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:05 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Why would you even want to?
Old 08-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Maybe it's obvious and I missed the answer, but how come it is illegal to port Windows on an Android device? How come you can put Android on a Windows device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Why would you even want to?
Winmo is a great platform, granted you have the hardware to support it. The 1ghz processor in the Evo + Windows 6.5 would be awesome. Just my opnion though.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomango View Post
Maybe it's obvious and I missed the answer, but how come it is illegal to port Windows on an Android device? How come you can put Android on a Windows device?

Winmo is a great platform, granted you have the hardware to support it. The 1ghz processor in the Evo + Windows 6.5 would be awesome. Just my opnion though.
When you buy a Windows Mobile phone you get an OEM license of Windows Mobile, not a retail one, this license is NOT transferable to other devices and dies when the unit dies. To my knowledge there is no way to buy a copy of Windows Mobile to do with as you please.

Android and the other portable OS's are open and free, that's why you are able to do with them as you please (for the most part)...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:25 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I just don't see why because Android does everything WM does plus more IMO.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
When you buy a Windows Mobile phone you get an OEM license of Windows Mobile, not a retail one, this license is NOT transferable to other devices and dies when the unit dies. To my knowledge there is no way to buy a copy of Windows Mobile to do with as you please.

Android and the other portable OS's are open and free, that's why you are able to do with them as you please (for the most part)...
ah, i see. makes sense
Old 08-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Android Convert
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I just don't see why because Android does everything WM does plus more IMO.
True. But maybe you have some programs on winmo that Android doesn't have that your company uses. Or, if you bought a certain program, you don't feel like re-buying it.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion