PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PSC

Obama08atl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Cal is there any way to disable the the system status screen messes up the topaz manger
Old 12-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Sorry if this is a newbie question. I had downloaded CalKulins V1.1 Visual Kitchen and when I started it it was all preloaded with a ROM to configure and save and I built one no problem. With V1.1.7 nothing is preloaded when I start. I click Load ROM and it's looking for a .ERV file but there are non to be found in the whole kitchen tree.

Can someone get me kick started here. Thanks.
Anyone have an answer to this? I can't even figure out a way to build a ROM from scratch. Total Newb with this kitchen stuff!

ST
Old 12-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
Anyone have an answer to this? I can't even figure out a way to build a ROM from scratch. Total Newb with this kitchen stuff!

ST
you are not suppose to click load rom to create a new rom. select touch pro 2 in the drop down at the top and everything will load. I understand touch pro 2 is already selected but hit the drop down anyways and select it.
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
you are not suppose to click load rom to create a new rom. select touch pro 2 in the drop down at the top and everything will load. I understand touch pro 2 is already selected but hit the drop down anyways and select it.
Thanks P-Slim,
Assume if I just leave the selections as is, it'll create the standard rom that Calc puts out? Silly question, but if I select XIP and SYS to 28005 why doesn't EXT change to 6.5.x automatically? Can I mix different SYS and XIP files. I know it's been asked but is there a tutorial?

ST
Old 12-05-2009, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hankbear is keeping up the good workhankbear is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I don't have any lock ups at all. are you installing showcase, if so that could be the problem. I build 6.5.x titanium roms only no manilla. If you're on sprint I could upload it to you when i get off tonight and you could try it out. it will run smooth.
I actually love Max Manila on 2.5 Sense UI and am not much of a fan of Titanium, but I think I have always included Showcase, so I will try without and see.

I very, very much appreciate the suggestion!
Old 12-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
Thanks P-Slim,
Assume if I just leave the selections as is, it'll create the standard rom that Calc puts out? Silly question, but if I select XIP and SYS to 28005 why doesn't EXT change to 6.5.x automatically? Can I mix different SYS and XIP files. I know it's been asked but is there a tutorial?

ST
to be honest all xips are exactly the same, just labeled different but you should change it anyways even though honestly it doesn't matter, so yes you can mix them even though you're not actually changing anything. ext has to be on 6.5.x if you are building one of those roms.

edit: technically you could have different xip's and it would make a difference but with calkulin's kitchen only the latest xip is in this current kitchen so selecting different ones really doesn't matter.

Last edited by p-slim; 12-05-2009 at 07:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

corey1138 is keeping up the good workcorey1138 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to corey1138 Send a message via Yahoo to corey1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankbear View Post
Anyone else having problems with e-mail? With any of the 2800X builds, I get pretty consistent lockups after going into a few messages. It says loading message at the bottom and the phone is completely frozen. This didn't happen with 23506, but that build doesn't have the working bluetooth.

I've had to go back to a 21882 6.5 build, unfortunately.
Yes I have had that too. Seems to do it with exchange mail and any other account I have loaded. Must be a bug with the WMD branch. Only way to recover is to soft reset with the stylus.

ipaq2200 - ipaq4100 - ipaqhx2110(wm6.5) - dell axim v3 - motoQ - i760 - xv6800 PPCK 23081
Old 12-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankbear View Post
I actually love Max Manila on 2.5 Sense UI and am not much of a fan of Titanium, but I think I have always included Showcase, so I will try without and see.

I very, very much appreciate the suggestion!
im almost positive removing showcase will fix your lock up issues.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

pplippl is a n00b

My lock screen is automatically activated when phone is upside down. Anybody know how I can turn off this feature? Thanks.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

hankbear is keeping up the good workhankbear is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey1138 View Post
Yes I have had that too. Seems to do it with exchange mail and any other account I have loaded. Must be a bug with the WMD branch. Only way to recover is to soft reset with the stylus.
Quote:
im almost positive removing showcase will fix your lock up issues.
It did! It did! It did!!!!!!

I am so happy, now. Thanks for the suggestion! The other quirks I can live with, although the other one that is not the biggest deal is that I prefer the e-mail notification that comes up when clicking the e-mail icon in the taskbar that shows the actual accounts that have new mails. The big notification page that comes up and says that you have new mail and then just takes you to the mail tab in sense UI is kind of useless when you have five accounts. So, if anyone has a suggestion of how to better deal with that issues, I would welcome it.

For now, though, I am really happy with 6.5.3 and Sense UI 2.5!!

Thanks!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development