PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   [W/VGA] Jmz Provisioning -- Select your carrier on first boot (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93926)

Jmz 11-01-2009 09:00 AM

[W/VGA] Jmz Provisioning -- Select your carrier on first boot

Jmz Provisioning
Select your carrier on first boot

Finally, the release of the bug free Jmz Provisioning. Many things have changed since the first beta so please read the notes below carefully.
Release Notes:
  • Leave app.dat file alone.
  • Leave the package the way it is
  • Registry Entries are as follows
  • CarrierCount is how many provisioning cabs you are using
  • Carrier1, Carrier2, and so on are the carriers you want listed
  • Headertext is what you want it to say at the top of the app
  • Carriers is a changing number so don’t worry about that one
  • Firstrun — 1=runcc reboots phone on first boot, 2=runcc does not reboot your phone on first boot
  • Sometimes the app hides so you have to look at task manager to bring it forward. Currently trying to fix this small issue
  • Cab names are Carrier1.cab, Carrier2.cab and so on to match the above reg entries.
  • .NET 3.5 is required.

Noir 11-01-2009 09:28 AM

Re: [TEASER] Jmz Provisioning -- Select your carrier on first boot

o.O
JMZ you truly never cease to amaze me =)
I must try this in a cooked rom my friend and this is a great asset to the community especially for users that want multi-platform releases (not carrier specific)

Jmz 11-01-2009 09:30 AM

Possibility of a cab version of this too, but I gotta make sure cooking version actually is effective in implementation.

Noir 11-01-2009 09:32 AM

cab version???
isn't this one thing (and I'm comparing the work nochem did with something similar with his provisioning) nochem didn't do offer it as a cab? hm I guess though DCD made it an OEM and a cab but I never saw it run on autostart though

Jmz 11-01-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 1285815)
cab version???
isn't this one thing (and I'm comparing the work nochem did with something similar with his provisioning) nochem didn't do offer it as a cab? hm I guess though DCD made it an OEM and a cab but I never saw it run on autostart though

I heard nochem did something like this for i think the vogue. But I have never seen that at all. Also, this is basically just a frontend for the carrier cabs. And thinking about it now, it is kinda pointless to offer this as a cab. As the user can just install the carrier cab without this.

jakdillard 11-01-2009 09:38 AM

Pretty nice the last person I seen do something like this was No2Chem with NueROM3 for the Titan pretty nice will try as soon as YOU RELEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jmz 11-01-2009 10:10 AM

Re: [W/VGA] Jmz Provisioning -- Select your carrier on first boot

Released :D

davidetkin511 11-01-2009 10:15 AM

can someone please make and post a cab

Jmz 11-01-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidetkin511 (Post 1285872)
can someone please make and post a cab

It is pointless to have a cab for this as you can just install whatever carrier you use. This is primarily for chefs.

Noir 11-01-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1285825)
Pretty nice the last person I seen do something like this was No2Chem with NueROM3 for the Titan pretty nice will try as soon as YOU RELEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's exactly what I was thinking of JD
and I'll test it later my mom is on my comp where my kitchen is =( and it could take a while...