PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 09:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

mliksa87 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Noobie ROM v0.5 beta with MaxSense v1.04: UPDATED! Fast, Friendly, Stable..

gonna try this tonight and ill report back tomorrow with what i find. looks to be awesome. im rather excited.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

pavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ROM] Noobie ROM v0.5 beta with MaxSense v1.04: UPDATED! Fast, Friendly, Stable..

Don't know what I would update this with. MaxSense seems kinda stalled right now. I think Max is too busy with his personal life (and understandably so!). And I don't see any great must-have improvements with Manila. Besides, I cannot get the updated Manila packages working error-free with MaxSense.

Also, after running several iterations, I have decided to jump ship a little and switch back to running MobileShell. Its <almost> as nice as MaxSense, and I don't need Manila running in the background. I can run 6.5.x builds that are as smooth and fast as my experiences with Manila + 6.1 ROMs. As a bonus, I have even more free memory (though at the expense of not running the Windows Start Menu). Boots with ~105Mb free. After 3 days of use with no resets, still sits at ~85Mb free. Battery life is a little lower, but that's because I've overclocked the phone.

Let me know if there's any interest in such a ROM and I can load it up.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 CDMA
Carrier: Boost/att

jkraze is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmaverick View Post
Don't know what I would update this with. MaxSense seems kinda stalled right now. I think Max is too busy with his personal life (and understandably so!). And I don't see any great must-have improvements with Manila. Besides, I cannot get the updated Manila packages working error-free with MaxSense.

Also, after running several iterations, I have decided to jump ship a little and switch back to running MobileShell. Its <almost> as nice as MaxSense, and I don't need Manila running in the background. I can run 6.5.x builds that are as smooth and fast as my experiences with Manila + 6.1 ROMs. As a bonus, I have even more free memory (though at the expense of not running the Windows Start Menu). Boots with ~105Mb free. After 3 days of use with no resets, still sits at ~85Mb free. Battery life is a little lower, but that's because I've overclocked the phone.

Let me know if there's any interest in such a ROM and I can load it up.

thats sounds real good.. I havent seen to many roms with mobile shell and I actually agree that It has a little more to offer than MaxSense, but the thing I really love about this rom is how fast 6.1 is...if its one thing I cant stand is pressing new text message button and having to WAIT for it to load up the screen haahha

but Im interested in seeing what you can cook up with that.v
Old 09-07-2010, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Somethings wrong..

for some reason from time to time the thing just wants to restart itself automactally which kinda pisses me off now lol... I was in the mall today and was in the new texting when after i pressed the screen it just .....TOUCH PRO 2.... lol restart lol
Old 09-08-2010, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

pavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Huh?! Weird. That never happened to me when I was using this ROM. Did you use Task29 prior to loading this ROM?

I'll try and post the MobileShell ROM sometime this weekend. Still deciding if 6.5.x is worth it, or if I should revert to 6.1, even with MobileShell....
Old 09-08-2010, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

kvictor017 is becoming a great contributor

Is there a version coming for verizon? I'd love to try this
Old 09-08-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmaverick View Post
Huh?! Weird. That never happened to me when I was using this ROM. Did you use Task29 prior to loading this ROM?

I'll try and post the MobileShell ROM sometime this weekend. Still deciding if 6.5.x is worth it, or if I should revert to 6.1, even with MobileShell....

yea I always Tas29 lol its part of my flashing routine hahha.

why wouldnt 6.5.x not be worth it though? I mean what is the real debate?

I recall you mentioned it would be just the start button or menu if that is the case, Personally only time i ever go to the start menu trying to get to settings and stuff...after that all my programs are somewhere easy to access lol.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm pretty sure there's a performance hit when using 6.5.x. However, it is a little more finger friendly, and a little less ugly than 6.1. So, that's the debate.

If I can integrate a nice contacts manager into 6.1, then I think I will revert to 6.1 again (I already used ThumbCal for my appointments and tasks). I just don't really see what 6.5.x brings to the table, once you start using MobileShell or Manila over the native kernel, considering 6.1 is faster and less of a memory and resource hog.

So, the plan is 6.1 + MobileShell + OverClocking. Should put those iPhones to shame!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

So, the plan is 6.1 + MobileShell + OverClocking. Should put those iPhones to shame! [/QUOTE]

I agree, how come the rest of the chiefs are not as bright as you hahahaha. btw how much O.C do you use ?
Old 09-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

cnsviet is a n00b

This is the fastest maxsense I've used and I've tried Big's and Energy's. All I have to say is... good job on this ROM! I'm liking this better than my previous MobileShell OS. Looking forward to see what else you can come up with.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
maxsense, rom release, windows 6.1