PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Stock rom links for cdma Touch PRO (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741)

hotspace 12-26-2008 10:35 AM

Re: Stock rom links for cdma Touch PRO

I've downloaded a few of the ROM's but I've noticed they aren't the same "format" as the custom ROMS. How do I flash these back to my phone.

If I were flashing a custom ROM I would place the file on my Memory Card and then boot up to the tricolor screen and wait for it to say something about loading an OS. But as I said, these files are not the same format as a Raphimg.nbh

Do I just place te NBH file on the memory card and use the same procedure?

flyers2114 12-26-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotspace (Post 601095)
I've downloaded a few of the ROM's but I've noticed they aren't the same "format" as the custom ROMS. How do I flash these back to my phone.

If I were flashing a custom ROM I would place the file on my Memory Card and then boot up to the tricolor screen and wait for it to say something about loading an OS. But as I said, these files are not the same format as a Raphimg.nbh

Do I just place te NBH file on the memory card and use the same procedure?

Format the card to FAT32 and name the nbh (take the nbh out of the RUU) to RAPHIMG.nbh and put the phone in BL....

Or you can just run the Rom Update Utility and it will do it all via AS...

sos567656765 12-28-2008 09:54 PM

I have found that thread before however that is a dumped ROM not a shipped ROM.

aceracer24 12-29-2008 12:51 AM

For shipped roms (.exe) all you have to do to flash them is to click the exe just like any other executable. The exe will unpack the rom and go right into flashing your phone. Once done, the unpacked files will be removed.

DJJeffF24 12-29-2008 06:01 AM

adding more tabs in Opera for the HTC Touch Pro

canuckgeek 12-30-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpenWave (Post 558544)
Yes, that would really be nice to know. I'm now stuck with a custom ROM with no way of reverting back, most of the custom ROM's are good but I have a problem with PIE on all of them. I guess Bell will be the last on the cooked ROM's list. Would love to put my original Bell ROM back, Bell's UI and all. :mrgreen:

I'm a Bell guy too, what custom ROM's did you use and were you able to use the kitchen to do your own customer ROM?
Edit: For spelling

bmb2n 01-02-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maan1976 (Post 577547)
Ive got a stupid question........whay is dumped ROM?please ehlp
I like the shipped ROM but i wanna get rid of some trashy s/w in it ? how can i do that
and regarding the hard spl , can i revert it back when i need or not , once i flash the hard spl i can not restore to factory default

Dumped rom is extracted rom from an actual device (touch pro).

Shipped rom is the rom that is being released from the manufacture.

caseyatbt 01-04-2009 07:43 PM

The Sprint dumped ROM link takes me to an FTP page that doesn't have a download link on it.

EDIT: I was able to get it using FireFTP in Firefox.

planoleg 01-05-2009 04:20 PM

What's the point of flashing your phone back to default ROM with which the phone came?

flyers2114 01-05-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planoleg (Post 619561)
What's the point of flashing your phone back to default ROM with which the phone came?

In case you have to take it in for repairs or an exchange.....if they see it flashed it voids the warranty.....