PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 7/2/10 | Sprint Lover's Evo 2.1 | OTA 1.47.651.1

Hey Chris. Great to see you are cooking up some roms! Will definitely give this a whirl All the best!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:07 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

nice job chris... now i dont have to cook a stock rom.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Anyone who lives in a 4G area and tries my ROM out please leave some feedback regarding the 4G connectivity. I unfortunately do not live in one so cannot test it out myself. I currently have my ROM installed and flashed to the stock Radio which is linked in the original post.

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 07-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
Anyone who lives in a 4G area and tries my ROM out please leave some feedback regarding the 4G connectivity. I unfortunately do not live in one so cannot test it out myself. I currently have my ROM installed and flashed to the stock Radio which is linked in the original post.

Thanks in advance guys!
sounds good. same here, waiting on 4g myself. I noticed you are linking the radio from the 1st ota, the latest radio I think goes with the latest ota, the 2.xxx one.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
sounds good. same here, waiting on 4g myself. I noticed you are linking the radio from the 1st ota, the latest radio I think goes with the latest ota, the 2.xxx one.
I guess I will link both. I am still unsure as to what effects any of the radios have on 4G as I cannot test it out myself but nonetheless I will link both radios and people can choose to install at their discretion. Thanks man!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

OoOO - great to see you making an Android ROM! Since I was a n00b and installed the OTA update, as soon as I'm able to root my phone again I'm gonna flash to this!

Last edited by chino331; 07-03-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: added smiley face... at work and i'm freaking bored!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
I guess I will link both. I am still unsure as to what effects any of the radios have on 4G as I cannot test it out myself but nonetheless I will link both radios and people can choose to install at their discretion. Thanks man!
Sounds good Chris. All loaded up on your Rom. No issues thus far. Thanks!

Regarding radios, I updated but was worried but it seems to work great. Cant test 4g either so hoping it doesn't mess up anything..
Old 07-03-2010, 04:27 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Sounds good Chris. All loaded up on your Rom. No issues thus far. Thanks!

Regarding radios, I updated but was worried but it seems to work great. Cant test 4g either so hoping it doesn't mess up anything..
The 4G should be controlled by WiMax update which I have NOT installed as there are too many conflicting reports right now. The baseband radio however should not have an affect 4G (from what I have read and someone may correct me if I amn wrong).
Old 07-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

gagdetdad is a n00b

Chris, Good to see you creating Sprint Lover's ROM for EVO just like you did for TP2. Yours is the only ROM that is closest to the way I want.

I am fully rooted with Toast part 1/2 and was waiting for an eligible ROM to flash. Now that I know my choice, I have a question. Can I flash over the existing rooted stock ROM and retain the data/settings or do I need to wipe data before flashing the ROM? I am guessing wiping cache/dalvik is needed.

Keep the good work up.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagdetdad View Post
Chris, Good to see you creating Sprint Lover's ROM for EVO just like you did for TP2. Yours is the only ROM that is closest to the way I want.

I am fully rooted with Toast part 1/2 and was waiting for an eligible ROM to flash. Now that I know my choice, I have a question. Can I flash over the existing rooted stock ROM and retain the data/settings or do I need to wipe data before flashing the ROM? I am guessing wiping cache/dalvik is needed.

Keep the good work up.
Toast's Method recommends wiping data/cache and also the Dalvik Cache (twice) so this would erase all of your settings. I find it pretty easy to set everything back up so it wasn't a big deal to me.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development