PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GTO1988 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to GTO1988 Send a message via MSN to GTO1988
Flash Touch Diamond from Sprint to Alltel

I was just wondering if I could possibly flash my Touch Diamond from Sprint to Alltel, if anyone could make a custom ROM to do so, I have a treo 800 on sprint and need to bring the Diamond over to alltel, any help would be great.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Flash Touch Diamond from Sprint to Alltel

once alltel gets a diamond released I think it shouldn't be an issue but I dont know if any carrier cab exists for jumping your diamond to alltel quite yet.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:27 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

there is speculation that the Alltel diamond will be a gimped Diamond.

also a ROM has nothing to do with your carrier. you will have to get alltel to activate the MEID. you can have a sprint rom on it still. or you can install a custom rom.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Reliance

hetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIP

Alltel / Verizone dont Accept Unregistered MEID till now. No Luck folks

Try it in Cricket or MetroPCS
Old 10-20-2008, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel w/Sprint phone

njkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Even if the ESN doesnt show up in Alltel's system (which it wont since its a Sprint phone) they will still hook it up for you. All you need to do is unlock the phone and reprogram the MSL# from the Sprint specific number to 000000 for Alltel. You just tell Alltel you got the phone off ebay and if they ask if its an Alltel phone tell them that it says Alltel on it and when you turn it on
Old 10-20-2008, 02:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

GTO1988 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to GTO1988 Send a message via MSN to GTO1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkid32 View Post
Even if the ESN doesnt show up in Alltel's system (which it wont since its a Sprint phone) they will still hook it up for you. All you need to do is unlock the phone and reprogram the MSL# from the Sprint specific number to 000000 for Alltel. You just tell Alltel you got the phone off ebay and if they ask if its an Alltel phone tell them that it says Alltel on it and when you turn it on

I work as an indirect for Alltel and Sprint, so getting the Diamond activated will not be a problem as I already have the MSL#. The thing about it is that i need the data and everything to work.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel w/Sprint phone

njkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO1988 View Post
I work as an indirect for Alltel and Sprint, so getting the Diamond activated will not be a problem as I already have the MSL#. The thing about it is that i need the data and everything to work.
I dont see why your data wouldnt work. I just recently canceled my Sprint contract because I moved to a non Sprint area here in VA. So I took my new Sprint Touch and unlocked it and hooked it up with Alltel. Now everything I read said I couldnt do it or if I did I would not have data. Well.... I do and everything works just fine. So dont worry about it I'm sure it will work just fine.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:41 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Well I don't believe we have an Alltel dump (is it out yet?) so the carrier settings are up to you. You'll need to go into EPST and program them manually. Any Alltel tech should be able to walk you through that, it's as easy and opening EPST, typing in your SPC, and changing a few strings.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G, Blackberry Bold
Carrier: Sprint

Deval is keeping up the good workDeval is keeping up the good work

So Alltel would activate any CDMA phone?

Interesting...too bad they don't exist in the Northeast.
My replies and comments contain my opinion on the matters which have been posted, and do not represent the rules, policies and regulations of my employer and should not be taken as such.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint pro on alltel
Carrier: alltel

tommy11481 is becoming a great contributor

Just bought a diamond from a friend and put it on alltel yesterday. I manually changed the epst setting and then did an esn swap. everything works but i have the annoying roaming indicator that will not go away no matter what i do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development