PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 01:02 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Odd OS corruptiom aftet multiple flashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chogori View Post
Thanks for the quick and helpful replies!
I'll try to flash the stock ROM, clear storage, and then flash back the ROM I'd like to use to see if that remedies my issues.
I'll report back soon.

As a side note, does anyone know why this corruption occurs?
I wonder if there's an issue with a kitchen that is corrupting memory sectors or something?
Why does flashing the stock ROM fix it? Is there something it does that our custom ROMs do not?
I've not seen a post where anyone says they know why this occurs. Could be a difference in memory structure between 6.1 and 6.5 that the ROM Update Utility doesn't handle - just my speculation.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:40 AM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by chogori View Post
Thanks for the quick and helpful replies!
I'll try to flash the stock ROM, clear storage, and then flash back the ROM I'd like to use to see if that remedies my issues.
I'll report back soon.

As a side note, does anyone know why this corruption occurs?
I wonder if there's an issue with a kitchen that is corrupting memory sectors or something?
Why does flashing the stock ROM fix it? Is there something it does that our custom ROMs do not?
This is why it is recommended that you flash stock or shipped before loading a custom rom. When you keep flashing, bits of the custom rom stay in your phones memory (depending on the page pool i think) and your phones internal storage. If you frequently flash (especially from the internal storage), you should format your internal storage occationally also...
Old 06-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: bell

UKNOWINVU2 is a n00b

I have been expiernecing the same problem, my phone will not go past Diamond splash screen and when it does its SLOW as heck. Also when i try and install a ROM it 8 times out of 10 it will hang on the automatic customizing in windows screen. I am going to try and flash my stock ROM, what is the best way to format the internal memory?
Old 06-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKNOWINVU2 View Post
I have been expiernecing the same problem, my phone will not go past Diamond splash screen and when it does its SLOW as heck. Also when i try and install a ROM it 8 times out of 10 it will hang on the automatic customizing in windows screen. I am going to try and flash my stock ROM, what is the best way to format the internal memory?
I would save the formatting of Internal Memory as a LAST resort. I've been custom ROM flashing since the Diamond as been out and I've never formatted my Internal Memory.

I generally never had to flash to stock until the 6.5 ROMS came out. I used to flash a new 6.1 rom, then do a hard reset after. Nowadays I flash to stock while I'm downloading a new 6.5 ROM. I don't have any trouble.

Sometimes I flash to a new 6.5 if it's the same person (like mighty 5 to mighty 5.1) I found that to work without incident most of the time.

It can definitely be hit and miss. I also found that if you receive a call/text during customization that pretty much guarantee's your gonna need to re-flash or flash back to stock.

Pull battery, power on with Vol Down (tri boot loader) and hook up to computer for a reflash.

Good Luck!
Old 06-15-2009, 04:55 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

The interesting thing is that Touch Pro users don't seem to have this issue.

I'm guessing that it has something to do with either the payload or the kernal we are using to port.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Lurker

UKNOWINVU2 is a n00b

I formated my internal storage and put on MysterROM 4, and it loaded no problem and seemed to work fine. Much faster then before and didnt crash... untill i loaded the weather ap in touch flow. Then it crashed... Now i am reflasing with mightyROM. I dont know if it has anything to do with it, but this all started when i flashed barebonez 3.3. I do notice now that it is a sprint ROM and i am with bell, so i have no idea. I am just hoping i didnt friy my phone.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Lurker

UKNOWINVU2 is a n00b

I just put mighty ROM 5 on and it loaded fine and installed fine. For some reason i can not change the bottom and top bars in TF3d color from blue, it is locked on blue. And when i activate the WM6.5 theme it will not let me change to any of the themes in WM6.5.

Also, when i plug in the USB the active sync window and disk drive window does not come up. I dont know what is going on, does anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-16-2009, 08:19 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Bell

trekkie0927 is a n00b

I also have a corruption problem. I'm not sure if it's the same kind.
Basically, after I did a reset one night, the phone became stuck at the boot screen for 3 min. then it would boot properly, and the device would work fine. This slow boot would be there no matter how many times I flash with a new rom, either stock or custom. Hard reset didn't fix it either.
I eventually got it fixed by physically removing the battery, but recently the same problem has re-surfaced again. Removing the battery did not fix it this time.

Chances are there's just something wrong with my phone now. Does anyone think it's caused by a radio flash? Cuz this never happened before I flashed my radio.

I'm using the Bell touch diamond, and I flashed it to the Telus 1.04.05v radio. I am now using the newest 6.1 MightyRom. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch
Carrier: Telus

icutzo is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to icutzo

To flash to a 6.5 rom follow those steps and you will have a 99% chance of succeding. It has worked for me and I just could not flash from a 6.1 to a 6.5 rom . I would always get errors and it would get stuck at the boot screen. Following those steps fixed all my flashing problems.

1- Flash back to the stock rom

2- when it asks you to tap the screen to start customization STOP THERE! Don't do anything.

3- Now start the flashing process with your 6.5 rom and once you get to the "tap the screen to start customizing...." go for it. (Yes Activesync will still be connected to your phone even though it did not detect your phone)

4- Optionally you can clear storage after the 6.5 rom has finished customizing and loaded correctly.

I've noticed that doing that will get you pa ssed most problems flashing to a 6.5 rom.

Hope it helps

Carrier : Telus
Phone : HTC Diamond

Running on :
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch, Sprint Diamond

Unplugged is a n00b

I tried the 6.5 route and did the flash from the shipped ROM. Everything worked fine and I started to restore my phone using Sprite Backup. Then a call came through while it was connected via USB. The phone froze and the USB connection dropped. Now, I can only get to the TouchDIAMOND screen and the red letters show up. I tried hard reset and I get the same result each time. I think I might be out of luck on this one. Any ideas?

Ha Ha. I remembered the sticky about how to fix a hang on the boot screen, so I fixed the problem by reflashing to the stock ROM. Trying again....

Last edited by Unplugged; 06-17-2009 at 01:55 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development