PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

krw8545 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ VICTOR ] [ 05.24.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21234 ] MightyROM5

I have installed the new Mighty ROM 5 and I am having a few problems. The phone will not let me change the ring tone. I get an error message that says ring tone file is corrupted piclk a new one. When I try to pick a new one it says the same thing. When someone calls me, I get the Phone box that pops up several times befor I am able to answer. Then, I can slide to answer. Can someone help me with this? Thanks!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

krw8545 is a n00b
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ VICTOR ] [ 05.24.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21234 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelesh View Post
how do you get rid of that stupid pop-up box when someone calls you?

And my ringtones dont work either? What do I do lol---NONE of the ringtones work, I don't get any sound from any of my ringtones when I get a call??
I am having the same problem, CCan someone help?
Old 05-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

technosinner is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by krw8545 View Post
I have installed the new Mighty ROM 5 and I am having a few problems. The phone will not let me change the ring tone. I get an error message that says ring tone file is corrupted piclk a new one. When I try to pick a new one it says the same thing. When someone calls me, I get the Phone box that pops up several times befor I am able to answer. Then, I can slide to answer. Can someone help me with this? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krw8545 View Post
I am having the same problem, CCan someone help?
What I did was download Advanced Config or HTC Tweak (doesn't matter) and simply change the setting for the Phone dialer skin as suggested by rileyd5 and Grooveto get it back to WM instead of HTC. It's ugly but it solved all my issues regarding ringtime and call answering.

Actually last night I had circumvented all my issues by running HTC Tweak and playing with the settings. (edit) I managed to solve the small issue I had this morning and I can say things are running pretty smoothly, except Youtube that doesn't work but I don't use it anyway.

Last edited by technosinner; 05-25-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: unknown

Randy954 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone401 View Post
Does anybody else feel like this release was rushed? My phone is just acting crazy. I've tried flashing 3 different times. I flashed from shipped to this, from the beta to this and just from this to this rom. The phone just doesn't act right. I'm gonna try again in a few weeks.
I do. It took four flashes to finally get it to be stable. Once it was stable, I getting the ringtone error. Also the youtube isnt playing videos and its locked up a few times when trying to change certain settings.. I will be going back to calkulin's v4.7 rom until these issues are fixed..
bye bye now!
Old 05-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by technosinner View Post
What I did was download Advanced Config or HTC Tweak (doesn't matter) and simply change the setting for the Phone dialer skin as suggested by rileyd5 and Grooveto get it back to WM instead of HTC. It's ugly but it solved all my issues regarding ringtime and call answering.

Actually last night I had circumvented all my issues by running HTC Tweak and playing with the settings, but troubling enough this morning I woke up and for some reason my phone works 100% except I can't make ANY data connections, and I can'T access the Comm Manager at all...? What's up with that?
Hey Technosinner, good to hear that fixed the dialer issue. I would suggest looking at groove's wm 6.5 dialers on the forum. they will make it look much better. here is the thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1863
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Lurker

Thanks rileyd5, I'll check it out for sure!

There is one little thing that I can't get my head around: I did a hard reset yesterday because I had played around too much with the ROM, but before I did that I had found an setting to assign hardware button actions, and to get vibrate feedback from a button press. No believe it or not, I can't remember where that setting was for my life!!!!

I looked everywhere and I can't figure it out :/

And I have to disagree about the ROM coming out too soon... I know I don't have much experience in flashing, but I'm a pretty experienced user with computers and I've tried ALL the major ROMs released on PPCGeeks and this is the first 6.5 one that actually works on my phone. I'm not crapping on the other ROMs at all, but the one thing I've learned in my short time around here is that this is still an unsupported modification; you have to expect it to behave strangely. If this was something HTC had come up with, I'd be saying it was rushed, but since it's from the community, I'd say that Mike and the other ROM chefs probably wait on our input to make them better. I mean, they probably don't have 50 Diamonds to try the ROMs on

My 2¢
Old 05-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

neelesh is becoming a great contributor

so switching dialers fixed the ringtones not playing when getting a call? From htc to WM?
Old 05-25-2009, 02:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Focus - WP7
Carrier: Rogers

Hellcey is a n00b

HELP!!
I flashed with MR5 last night, left on and charged overnight, frozen in the morning. Reset with button under the back cover, would not fully boot up, got a low memory error once, could not tap any buttons, now it wont go past the first boot screen, cant flash. What do I do now??

Last edited by Hellcey; 05-25-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PALM PRE
Carrier: VERIZON

gurrumino is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelesh View Post
so switching dialers fixed the ringtones not playing when getting a call? From htc to WM?
neelesh, i had the same thing and i did a hard reset and seems to have fixed the issue, don't know if you have done it but wouldn't hurt to try.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurrumino View Post
neelesh, i had the same thing and i did a hard reset and seems to have fixed the issue, don't know if you have done it but wouldn't hurt to try.
Just changing the dialer worked 100% for me. The HTC dialers have issues with WM 6.5, and that seems to be for any and every ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellcey View Post
HELP!!
I flashed with MR5 last night, left on and charged overnight, frozen in the morning. Reset with button under the back cover, would not fully boot up, got a low memory error once, could not tap any buttons, now it wont go past the first boot screen, cant flash. What do I do now??
I would try a hard reset if you can ever get past the boot screen. If that doesn't work, just kick into triggered boot screen by holding POWER+ARROW+VOL.DOWN ans pressing the RESET button with the stylus (yes, all at the same time ). That will bring you the rainbow screen, and from there flash again. I suggest going back to shipped ROM first, but it still works for some people to bypass this.

Last edited by technosinner; 05-25-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development