PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 09:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

WithoutRemorse is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweAkMaN View Post
SOLUTION
Ok, I had This issue only two weeks ago. No matter what ROM I flashed to, Stock, Custom, Etc, nothing would work. I have the fix here, and this will get you going for sure. The only way this will not work is if it's actually a harware issue, and your device is pretty much screwed if so. Don't ask why these particular steps work to resolve the issue, becuase I have not one single idea. However, this will work. You have to follow EVERY SINGLE STEP, IN THE EXACT ORDER, or you will not get it going. Anyway, I hope this helps.

*Do a HARD RESET on whatever ROM you currently have on your device (Manual Hard Reset)

*Once the Device has finished the Hard Reset Process, you will come to the Configuration Screen which will say "Tap Screen To Continue" (or something close to that).

*DO NOT TAP THE SCREEN!!!! Leave the device on that screen. Do not proceed any further what so ever. Do not go to the screen calibration, auto run, etc. If you do go past this screen, turn around and do another Hard Reset.

*Conect your device to the PC. (While still on the "Tap To Continue" Screen). On most ROM's, you should still be able to connect to Active Synce, eventhough your still on the first screen. IF YOU DO NOT CONNECT TO ACTIVE SYNCE its fine. Simply enter "Bootloader Mode" manually. It doesn't really matter which way (I suggest active synce if possible), as long as you do not go past the "Tap To Continue" Screen!!!!

*Flash your Original Stock (shipped) ROM. Do not use any type of modified version of your original ROM, Do not flash to any custom ROM from here. Flash ONLY to the exact shipped ROM for your device/carrier.

*Once you have finished with that, pull out the batter before the device starts up. Leave it out for about 10 seconds, then put it back in.

*When the device powers on, you will come back to the "Tap To Continue" screen again as always, on almost every ROM i've ever seen. DO NOT GO PAST THIS SCREEN!!!!

*From that screen, do a Manual Hard Reset. This time, once it's done, go ahead and go thru with the complete setup. Let auto config run, screen calibration, etc.

*Now, after the device does it's auto restart, it will power on, now, DO ONE LAST HARD RESET! Before you mess around with anything on it, do another hard reset.

*Your Done!!!! Go ahead and set it up, and you will be good to go. Should be anyway. I've directed a few ppl to do this, and never had any complaints yet. You will be able to flash any custom ROM's now as well.

Again, I have no idea , not one clue, why this works. However, it does. I had tried everything in the world to get mine going, but nothing. And I'm telling you, if you do not do everything, every last reset, every last hard reset, this won't help. When you get to the very last hard reset, it may be optional though. In my experience, if you go without the last hard reset, your device will work fine while you stay with that stock ROM. But without doing it, you will have the same problems when you flash to another custom rom again. It's that way for anyone I've talked to for some reason.

But Hope this helps!!
If i could be so rude as to suggest also to clear the internal storage of the device if you are still experiencing issues (particularly any of the 6.5 ROMs). Ohh and reflash if necessary back to shipped then to the new rom of your choice. Sorry, forgot to add this as well..

It also worked - was told to do the Hard Reset using the buttons method rather than the Clear Storage (1234) method.

So for clarification I has having no end of issues:

1. No end of issues with anything but stock rom
2. Cleared both internal and device storage
3. Flashed to Shipped
4. At the tap here - Flashed to new rom
5. Hard reset buttons method.
6. Enjoy!

Last edited by WithoutRemorse; 05-22-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: Flashed, Automatically Configures, Reboots then Hangs (various roms)

That guide is completely overdone...

If your ROM doesn't work, reflash the same ROM or one you know works from before.

Flashing back to shipped has no advantage over this process unless you've somehow corrupt the Radio or Splash screens.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

WithoutRemorse is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post

If your ROM doesn't work, reflash the same ROM or one you know works from before.

Flashing back to shipped has no advantage over this process unless you've somehow corrupt the Radio or Splash screens.
Quite possibly - but the process worked for me none the less. I think that all of this should be taken as suggestions of things that could possibly fix this particular issue.

Sorry for writing it as a fait a compli

Cheers,
Old 05-22-2009, 06:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

iammarkus is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to iammarkus

OK I had this very problem. Was almost hopeless and was ready to trash my Diamond. After a long deep breath, I found the "official" ROM for my device, Telus HTC Diamond, not a rebake which another poster suggest as well you avoid then flashed my device with the official stock rom. Did a hard reset and let the phone connect and do it's thing. Seems the phone does all kinds of stuff to go live on your carrier network... Anyway, I then reflashed with the ROM of my choice and so far has been OK touch wood. I tried everything, hard resets, battery out... Oh one step I did do is relock since I was going to take it in for service/replace. So perhaps not perfect process, this did work for me. My only advice my fellow bleed-edge rom users, take you time and you will get yourself back to the ROM of your choice.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
i wouldnt say it was overdone.. he was simply stating what has worked for him along with other users.. i appreciate TweAkMaNs advice, so thanks again

Last edited by toenail; 05-23-2009 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

i just tried going back to mighty 6.1, and while i love his efforts.. going back to any 6.1 without rhodium is like.. ugh.. 6.5 all the way for me. i got waaayy ttoo used to it.

so tonight this is what im gonna do.

instead of flashing to stock, then to 6.5.. imma flash straight to 6.5 via the computer.
do clearstorage on both internal and rom. then use the computer again to reflash the same rom.. and imma see if theres any issues.

flashing 6.5 from 6.1 stock always seemed to result in hella problems...
but 6.5 to 6.5 i havent tried yet because ive always reverted back to stock.

maybe thats our problems. i dunno.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

yeah all these issues started when i went from 6.1 to juicys 6.5 then when i tried going back to 6.1 thats when all this crap started.. hopefully sprint will release a stock 6.5 rom soon, maybe that will end this rut im in

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development