PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 08:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ken830 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Help!!!!! Won't Boot! Bricked?

I'm hoping someone can help me... A couple of days ago, I finally got around to unlocking the phone and flashing Juicy 2.6. It worked fine. Then, last night, I tried to cook my own ROM using the latest TF/GC kitchen, SYS, OEM... Everything worked perfectly...

Then tonight.... I did cooked up another ROM, with less applications... Followed all the instructions... Flashed okay... The phone reset... And now I'm stuck at the Touch Diamond logo screen (with the red text at the bottom)... Tried hard-reseting but it didn't fix it...

It's a Sprint Diamond...

I'm a noob on these phones, so I don't have a great idea of where it's at or my chances of recovery.... Is there a chance I can get into the bootloader and reflash it?

Please, someone help!!!

I followed tobeychris' instructions very carefully...
Old 10-31-2008, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Help!!!!! Won't Boot! Bricked?

Did you put it in boot mode and try flashing ?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

jgillard is keeping up the good workjgillard is keeping up the good work

Put your phone into bootloader mode (same as hard reset but without the center button) and flash a working rom. You should be fine.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:17 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

It seems you did not, or you wouldn't be stuck.

As everyone else has said, get into bootloader (Power + VolDwn + Reset) and run the RUU with any ROM you'd like to flash.

Your phone's fine.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

To be more precise.

You do not need to be connected to Activesync (but need to be connected to the PC still with USB cable) in order to flash as long as you put your phone into the bootloader mode. If I remember right, to do that you will hold down the hangup key, volume down key and the powerbutton at the same time. This will bring up the rainbow screen. From here just start the rom flash utility like normal and the phone should be detected and begin to flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
It seems you did not, or you wouldn't be stuck.

As everyone else has said, get into bootloader (Power + VolDwn + Reset) and run the RUU with any ROM you'd like to flash.

Your phone's fine.
Actually Tobey, I am not sure it was the instructions that caused this because it happened to me. It is one of the options that was/was not selected that is causing it. Oh and before you say"You need to have the Base Manila selected as well" I already knew that because it says as such right next to base manila So thats not what caused the issue. It's something else but I never did figure it out.

Last edited by aceracer24; 10-31-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:20 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thanks guys... I know I must've missed some instructions...

I couldn't find the key-press to get into the boot loader... I'm in now.. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:56 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

So I was able to recover back to the stock Sprint ROM... So I tried building another ROM, and the same thing happened again... It's not a problem now that I know the key-sequence to get into the bootloader, but I guess when I find more time, I'll do some experimenting to see if I can figure out what I'm missing from the build... All the esential stuff seems to be in place...
Old 10-31-2008, 10:21 AM
VIP Member

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken830 View Post
So I was able to recover back to the stock Sprint ROM... So I tried building another ROM, and the same thing happened again... It's not a problem now that I know the key-sequence to get into the bootloader, but I guess when I find more time, I'll do some experimenting to see if I can figure out what I'm missing from the build... All the esential stuff seems to be in place...
Make sure you have one of the battery status percents checked. I think I had both unchecked once and that might have caused the problem once, I don't remember though.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:24 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

make sure you g'reloc
when your changing in all these diff modules. thats the leading cause of no boot. besides bad drivers.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-31-2008, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
make sure you g'reloc
when your changing in all these diff modules. thats the leading cause of no boot. besides bad drivers.
I thought it does it automatically? I have not had to do anything special and Ihave gotten roms to work. Some didn't fully boot because of something I checked or didn't check but I have not had to do anything special.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development