PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 01:45 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: T-Mobile Test Drive

Same as sprint, 300mb.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Yes they do and the newer phones can roam on AT&T 3G as part of their new roaming agreement as a result of the failed merger.
you say since the new phones is that just for tmobile phone or can international phones to

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 05-07-2012, 10:30 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Whats the roaming limit
I don't know about the limit, but most tmobile phones are not pentaband. Most are locked to tmobile frequency. 3g roaming is worthless unless your tmobile handset picks up both 850mhz and 1900 mhz, witch the only tmo handsets that do are the sgs2 and the amaze I believe. Tmobiles 1900 is edge, I believe. I'm sure I will be corrected shortly if I'm incorrect.

Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App

Last edited by austin420; 05-07-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
you say since the new phones is that just for tmobile phone or can international phones to
It has to support PCS 3G as well as AWS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
I don't know about the limit, but most tmobile phones are not pentaband. Most are locked to tmobile frequency. 3g roaming is worthless unless your tmobile handset picks up both 850mhz and 1900 mhz, witch the only tmo handsets that do are the sgs2 and the amaze I believe. Tmobiles 1900 is edge, I believe. I'm sure I will be corrected shortly if I'm incorrect.

The newer phones support all frequencies, once the refarming takes shape this will not matter. T-mobile is a big supporter of bring your own phone..
Old 05-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

IMHO T-Mobile is useless unless you A.) Don't travel at all. & B.) Live in a major metropolitan area. Just my 2 cents, and btw I've worked for VZW, Alltel & Suncom (T-Mobile bought them)....currently using Sprint as primary carrier with VZW as backup.
~Mike

Old 05-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
IMHO T-Mobile is useless unless you A.) Don't travel at all. & B.) Live in a major metropolitan area. Just my 2 cents, and btw I've worked for VZW, Alltel & Suncom (T-Mobile bought them)....currently using Sprint as primary carrier with VZW as backup.
~Mike
Shame that a site owner has a view like this. All carriers are guilty of having dead spots. That's the nature of radio waves, no company has magic radio waves that provide signal everywhere.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

**Should have noted that this is what I have experienced and I have traveled with them from the east coast to Saint Louis to lower Mississippi areas. I still stick to my guns tho.
~Mike
Old 05-15-2012, 02:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Tmobile Nexus, at my house

Sprint Nexus S 4G, at my house

not looking to good for tmo
Old 05-15-2012, 03:18 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Ya. Your not close enough to san fran or la to get good data speeds. At least you'll get good reception on the highways. Ever drive out to vegas?

Old 05-15-2012, 03:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
Ya. Your not close enough to san fran or la to get good data speeds. At least you'll get good reception on the highways. Ever drive out to vegas?

yeah im gonna do a speed test when i go to the city, i go to vegas once a year when i went like 2 months ago i had the worst service with sprint

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion