PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 02:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: MY THOUGHT Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Bad idea. Even though most of us aren't GSM customers, it's still better in the long run if nobody has a monopoly of anything.

- 2 Bunny
If you had 3 choices what would you chose? T-moble WILL be sold, it's just to who and when.

1. An American company buys then, keeps profits from it in the US and allows jobs to expand. Never mind current customers would get better coverage and makes better coverage for GSM carriers in the US.
2. A out of the US company buys it, all profits go outside of the country, same as it is now, they could expand it or leave it the way it is.
3. A broker buys them out, breaks the company up into pieces, every thing from towers to the spectrum, customers are sold to the highest bidder(and could have to stay in their contract).

I still vote for AT&T to get it. There can be only good from it and to be honest, a GSM carrier is not a good fit for Sprint or Verizon, so they are out of the picture. It would be best for both AT&T and T-moble customers, better coverage (T-mobile users will have the chance to break free from any contract if they don't like the change of terms)

I would rather see US GSM coverage get better and KEEP THE JOBS AND PROFIT HERE

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 07-18-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Question GOOD FEEDBACK BUT Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
If you had 3 choices what would you chose? T-moble WILL be sold, it's just to who and when.

1. An American company buys then, keeps profits from it in the US and allows jobs to expand. Never mind current customers would get better coverage and makes better coverage for GSM carriers in the US.
2. A out of the US company buys it, all profits go outside of the country, same as it is now, they could expand it or leave it the way it is.
3. A broker buys them out, breaks the company up into pieces, every thing from towers to the spectrum, customers are sold to the highest bidder(and could have to stay in their contract).

I still vote for AT&T to get it. There can be only good from it and to be honest, a GSM carrier is not a good fit for Sprint or Verizon, so they are out of the picture. It would be best for both AT&T and T-moble customers, better coverage (T-mobile users will have the chance to break free from any contract if they don't like the change of terms)

How would that create jobs? We don't need a monopoly, plus we don't need higher prices either. Couldn't they just not sell out?

"If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it..."

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-19-2011, 06:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Merovingian is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post

Even if a foreign company bought Tmo, how are they going to ship the jobs overseas? We seem to forget that Tmo's parent company is/was German Deutsche Telecom.

So network engineers and such are going to be foreigners??
Besides, jobs are going to be LOST because Tmo and AT&T are in parallel industries so there is overlap.
I notice Tmo/AT&T/Sprint/Bestbuy stores usually not far from each other competing for business. What do you think is going to happen to the Tmo stores and the employees once they merge? There will be no need for a Tmo and AT&T store in the same vicinity, one has to go.

More competition brings about lower prices, better services and more innovation, not less competition (at least in theory).

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Tell us YOUR thoughts on the AT&T and T-Mobile Merger

It looks like the Chair of the Senate's Antitrust Subcommittee is seeking to block the merger...

Chair of the Senate’s Antitrust Subcommitteee seeks to block AT&T – T-Mobile merger | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence
Old 12-19-2011, 01:58 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

last i heard this was a no go , shut down by (i forget exact company) but it was a organization led by the govt. they said ATT is NOT allowed to buy out TMO in order to keep competition .
Old 12-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
last i heard this was a no go , shut down by (i forget exact company) but it was a organization led by the govt. they said ATT is NOT allowed to buy out TMO in order to keep competition .
Looks like they've finally given up:
AT&T withdraws bid to buy T-Mobile | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
Old 12-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

....now Douche Deutsche need to in invest in their network....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up NETWORK Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Finally.

- 2B
Old 12-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: NETWORK Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Finally.

- 2B
Indeed but now we get idiotic writeups like this:

T-Mobile's future: Zombie carrier | ZDNet
Old 12-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Banned User

Wink AND THE GIFT GOES ON Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Indeed but now we get idiotic writeups like this:

T-Mobile's future: Zombie carrier | ZDNet
I didn't write that - I promise .

Remind me again though, what frequency are they on?

- 2B

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion