PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Blackberry + Dropbox = Heaven

I've come to love Dropbox... found it when I got my iPad... implemented it at work and now have it on all devices.

We talked about it in the BBM Group and the discussion made me revisit in on my BB. I am able to load up my docx file for work, and edit it directly save up right there in the classroom.. no more taking notes on my bb then transfering to word document later. I LOVE IT!

Discuss.....

OH.. and here is my shameless referral link (remember by signing up via referral we both get an extra 250mb of space up to 8g
Brenn's Dropbox Referral

BrennB
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: sprint

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to facemob
Re: Blackberry + Dropbox = Heaven

ok how can you upload files from the BB? all i can upload are pictures?

Old 10-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I have saved files i have edited let me see if I can load up a fresh one...hmmm well putting them into Dropbox folder doesn't work... I know you can go through halibis and have a specific email to send to that will load file to your dropbox
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i might have to check that out. they should release an update that has an upload and download feature!
Old 10-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

Yeah I'm going to check into this, it hasn't been something I've needed to do so I wasn't aware of the issue. I basically need to access and edit some doc files on the run and this does the trick.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

the dropbox app has been updated to 1.0.34

change log

saving non-ascii texts results in garbled text
handling of edge cases when running out of space on sd card and in device memory
open-edit-upload usecase wasn't working for devices with encryption enabled
share link freezes for some users
open-edit-upload usecase fails for files with non-ascii filenames
"would you like to allow logging" dialog shouldn't appear on first launch
on rotatable devices, in image gallery, the displayed/cached image is smaller than screen size (shouldn't happen)
app should ask for permissions in advance on first launch
app should support multiple third-party app associations for a given file type (e.g multiple pdf viewers)
music/video stops when screen fades out
user gets a "not enough room to write file" message when trying to open a file that's already open in docs2go
Old 10-21-2010, 08:08 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

thanks hit.. thx for the info.. i will look into this app more..
Old 10-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker

on my android this app was soo useful. i could upload and download my apps to and from it. i could also stream from it to. this one i cant do a thing
Old 10-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

It's perfect for what I need my BB to do which is edit excel data on the fly and find it when I get back to my laptop.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
It's perfect for what I need my BB to do which is edit excel data on the fly and find it when I get back to my laptop.
but wouldnt that defeat the purpose of the app? you could do the same thing with email. See its like on my moment i would put stuff in my dropbox folder on my laptop that i would need for my phone. Apps or whatever and could access it and download it to my phone from the dropbox app. This one it doesnt allow you to upload to it from the device and you cant download from it either. if i want to get something from my dropbox i have to email myself the share link. that is totally useless
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry