PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATE 4/15 Palringo v2.0 beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
I usually just hit the red end call button to back out the app, its doesnt close it or anything it leaves it open in the background so u can task switch... and if you make or get a phone call it will reconnect itself to the servers like if u never received a call.
excellent, this is just the answer I was looking for...

Now, before I go running this thing for hours... what is the impact on battery life (real-life examples please!)

BrennB
Old 04-24-2010, 12:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k
Re: UPDATE 4/15 Palringo v2.0 beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
excellent, this is just the answer I was looking for...

Now, before I go running this thing for hours... what is the impact on battery life (real-life examples please!)
Um I havent really tested it myself liek that, usually I log in and stay on for an hour then log off...your more then willing to try and let us know tho, I get tons of emails and bbms daily to really test it. but having it on for an hour I dont see my meter move at all.
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 04-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: UPDATE 4/23/2010 Palringo v2.02 beta

OK. We'll see maybe tomorrow when I don't have to be away from an outlet (should it be needed). I don't have a house phone so the BB is it can't let the battery go all the way down but I'm curious what is the impact on usage so I know how to procede.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Updated post 1 with new beta 3 and changelog.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Still a Geek

Thanks! I'll load it up in a bit.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

working like a champ on my storm

It's like McDonalds, I'm lovin it!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 05-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

brol1k, any more updates coming?

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 05-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

The rc2 is out

http://resources.palringo.com/beta/b...rry/2.0%20rc2/

## Palringo change log ##

2.0 rc 2
* Minor bug fixes.

2.0 rc 1
* Notification beep when in background.

2.0 beta 3
* Added homes screen notification icon for messages received while Palringo in in the background (>OS4.6 only)
* Scrolling improved on non-touch Blackberrys
* Bridge support improved
* GTalk fixed

2.0 beta 2
* Enabled all services
* Enabled all languages
* Small improvement to large group support
* Pop-ups now all scroll correctly on small screens
* Added ability to clear a status message
* Remove device text from user profile screen
* Pressing menu button on 'Connecting...' now doesn't open close menu
* Fix: Focus appears to be in multiple places
* Fix: Bridge contacts don't have the contact details at the top of the chat window
* Add support for iPhone and Mac platform icons
* Fix: Remove service shows wrong label
* Added confirmation for deleting all chats
* Connection timeout message added for error 100
* Flush bridge data on BRIDGE ON packet

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

rc2 is now the official release for palringo for BB's. its just waiting approval for the app place...
Old 05-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
rc2 is now the official release for palringo for BB's. its just waiting approval for the app place...
Really?!?! It needs a lot of work IMHO when comparing it to the WM or Android versions.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry