PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 01:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: CellularSouth/Sprint

ryokimball is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
'Fixing' an Apache (stuck in bootloader)

G'day!
A friend gave me an HTC Apache. Never satisfied with 'how things are' I decided found out about PPCK and got to reading.
Lah tee dah tee dah... here I am.
This Apache came from Cellular South. I believe it has the v2.02 bootloader on it (this is the number that shows up at the bottom of the BL screen, yes?).
I am running Windows 7Ux64 for this. On the first attempt to put WinMo6 on it, I ran BuildOS with one of the kitchens provided (maybe a tweak or two), and after a successful build, it went to flash, only to have the Apache reboot and botch the whole thing. The OS was lost and the device was stuck in bootloader.
I found MTTY and tried using it with no success, but on a hunch I migrated to XP Mode (ugh), where I successfully used MTTY then flashed the device with a Sprint ROM (I will not be using the cellular support, thus I don't really care which carrier it is assigned --I'd ask if I could disable this, but I'll leave that alone until the device itself works).
So I installed BuildOS into the XP mode, but the program refuses to run there ("The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application"). So, back in the native OS I tried the flash again, and the same results --stuck in bootloader. Except now MTTY will not connect (even virtualized in XP mode).
Curiosity and experimenting has got me nowhere; the only other thing perhaps worth mentioning is wen I run the NoID_RUU now it will give me erro 150, saying 'the ROM upgrade utility is not designed for your device.'

Btw I am much more a Linux person, so if there is any suggestions on otherwise how to go about this, I would be very thankful.

P.S. Cool 'here are similar threads...' feature.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Cricket

lcordero is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 'Fixing' an Apache (stuck in bootloader)

I had the same issue with my XV6700, I ended up rebuilding the rom, unplugging from my windows7 pc and plugging it back in to have windows7 reconnect and then I was able to update my phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache