PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 10:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
slow text messaging

Ever since Ive went back to 6.5 my text msging is S-L-O-W.

I dont type 30-40 wpm but I can move fairly quick and the problem is that I can type out a sentence or two and then have to wait a good while for it to catch up and place all the charaters on the screen so i can send it.

Anyone else have this or know what the issue/resolution is?

THX
Old 11-20-2009, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

azrael201 is a n00b
Re: slow text messaging

yea i've been asking about this and no one has said anything. at least let us buffer the send command instead of having it chop off the msg before the rest of it shows up on the screen. i've been thinking about going back to 6.1 just for this flaw.

turning off word suggestion helps a bit. i think clearing all your messages helps, my suspicion is that if one of your conversations thread is too large it might slow the whole phone down.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:19 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yeah, I tried 6.5 when it first came out some time back and quicklt reverted back to 6.1 because of these issues. I remember this was an issue back then also. But that was a long time ago and i thought this would have been addressed by now. I may also go back to 6.1 if i cant find a resolution because me waiting 30-45-60 secs to shpw up is not an option. When I had my 6.1 it kept up with me and by the time I finished typing and hit send, it was there and ALL being sent.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Did you turn off word completion? I know he asked earlier but you never said
Old 11-20-2009, 10:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

azrael201 is a n00b

turning off word completion helps a little but doesn't not resolve the issue
Old 11-20-2009, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

azrael201 is a n00b

i just flashed the newest build and the texting is fast and can catch up even when i type fast. of course this is always the case when i flash a new 6.5 build. I always thought it was cause i've dropped my phone so many times.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

yeah, word completion doesnt help. I can say that after a flashing it is usually ok but then seems to get slower and slower. What build did you flash to? Whats the link?
Old 11-21-2009, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

azrael201 is a n00b

i'm actually quite surprised right now because text speed is still holding as of now. I am using bbsandkim's 6.5 28005 build (latest). You can find it in the upgrade forum.

So far i've only installed Finger Keyboard, Epocrates, and ArcSoft MMS.

but you are right the longer i use a new build the slower the entire system gets. reseting doesn't even help. i think it's because the texting program tries to store/predict all your typing.

Only way i know how to stop word suggestion is to go to advanced config and turn word suggestion to 0.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

azrael201 is a n00b

so if you guys didn't figure it out already. if texting starts slowing down it's probably because the thread has gotten too long. just delete the thread with that person and it will be fast again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan