PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Applications

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

daisyd681 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Are there any browsers that are free AND work?

I ordered a Q a month ago (back order blows) so I can't try any that I've seen. I'll give PIE a shot, but I really don't like IE so I doubt I'll like the paired down version. I've heard good and bad about Yahoo!go 2.0, Minimo, and a couple other more obscure browsers. I'm not sure if there is a browser out there that will let me pick the homepage that comes up at first. I would like to try Opera mini (I'm pretty sure it's free, but have heard it's a nightmare to install). I'd also like to be able to bookmark, and have multiple tabs/windows open. Any thoughts and opinions would be helpful.

Also I don't want to buy any programs until I get an idea as to what I really need, so does anyone know of a Facade style freeware, or just something that will let me add things (links, documents, etc.) to the homescreen?

One last thing, what do people use to save battery life. I don't care to monitor it, but I heard of a program that helps with this.

ETA: I know this is kind of a random post, I'm just trying to keep my mind off the fact that I don't have my flipping phone yet.
TIA
Meira

Last edited by daisyd681; 10-04-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
my suggestion is to not knock it, till you've tried it. Browsers much like most things on our phones come down to preference. I've tried most of the browsers available and have always come back to PIE, especially after one fiasco i had with Opera where i had to basically delete it file by file out of my device like a kid trying to scoop the last bit of PB out of a jar... and just about as messy....
Old 10-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

daisyd681 is a n00b
LOL...duely noted
Old 10-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Nah be patient and you'll find the one that works for ya, and by all means dont just take the opin of one person. Welcome to the site.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Dardo is a n00b
i use OPERA...$19.00 but worth the tabsl
if you serach around you can find "cough: free spb plus" which puts extra windows in the PIE menu
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Applications