PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia (SCH-i910)
Carrier: VerizonWireless

khrmax is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Help w/ CF03 Update

Hi,

Firstly, I am working on a Vista x64 trying to update a SCH-i910 Verizon Omnia.

I hastily flashed my SCH-i910 with a third-party, cooked CF03 ROM before flashing the original, stock CF03. Now my Omnia will not boot up (it is still responsive, I do not believe it is "bricked"). I cannot find CF03.img to flash my Omnia with. There are two links on the web that HAD it, but alas the links are no longer working.

I couldn't edit my post but I would like to add that updating via the "User Upgrade Tool" did not work for me ("WMDC not installed" error, when it is and works) and I am running Vista x64.

So basically, can I save my phone? I'm hoping that if I flash it (via UMDL_Omnia) with the base CF03 image that I'll be able to recover it. As of right now, it hangs when booting up at the "Samsung Omnia" screen with the progress bar.

Here are the instruction I am referring to, along with the bad links: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1...;postcount=5124

Because the install tool doesn't work on my OS (vista x64) I think I need to use this method to update. As I said unfortunately both mirrors for the Official CF03 image are not working (one "Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)" & one with 3 parts that do not function properly).

Please, can someone re-host the official CF03 image?

Any and all help (and quick replies) are GREATLY appreciated.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Help w/ CF03 Update

I answered this on your Modaco post also.

Go to the first post here and follow the directions and download all of the needed files. Thank necosino for his effort.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-s...-verizon-i910/

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 10-27-2009, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 (BW23064)
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Skyline987 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrmax View Post
Hi,

Firstly, I am working on a Vista x64 trying to update a SCH-i910 Verizon Omnia.

I hastily flashed my SCH-i910 with a third-party, cooked CF03 ROM before flashing the original, stock CF03. Now my Omnia will not boot up (it is still responsive, I do not believe it is "bricked"). I cannot find CF03.img to flash my Omnia with. There are two links on the web that HAD it, but alas the links are no longer working.

I couldn't edit my post but I would like to add that updating via the "User Upgrade Tool" did not work for me ("WMDC not installed" error, when it is and works) and I am running Vista x64.

So basically, can I save my phone? I'm hoping that if I flash it (via UMDL_Omnia) with the base CF03 image that I'll be able to recover it. As of right now, it hangs when booting up at the "Samsung Omnia" screen with the progress bar.

Here are the instruction I am referring to, along with the bad links: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1...;postcount=5124

Because the install tool doesn't work on my OS (vista x64) I think I need to use this method to update. As I said unfortunately both mirrors for the Official CF03 image are not working (one "Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)" & one with 3 parts that do not function properly).

Please, can someone re-host the official CF03 image?

Any and all help (and quick replies) are GREATLY appreciated.
The 3 part file worked for me. Im guessing you may have a download accelerator thats fouling things up. Anyway i re-uploaded it in one file if you want to give that a try http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QA3K4API
Old 10-27-2009, 11:39 AM
VIP Member

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Works for me also.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia (SCH-i910)
Carrier: VerizonWireless
Threadstarter

khrmax is a n00b

Thanks, that was EXACTLY what I needed, lol

Flashed my omnia with UMDL and have successfully upgraded to CF03!

Thanks for all your help. In case anyone else has similar problems here is everything you need condensed:

Download the official CF03 image file:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QA3K4API

Use these instructions, Method #2:
http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-s...-verizon-i910/

Thanks blazingwolf, necosino, MrCapcom, and Skyline987!
Old 10-27-2009, 12:15 PM
VIP Member

Glad you got it working again.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 (BW23064)
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Skyline987 is becoming a great contributor