PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Diamond 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Verizon

civichater is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
battery Life???

Just wanted to know how everyone is doing with the battery on their device. I just switched over from the TP2, where by the end of the day when I went to sleep about 11 I still had at least 40% left on my battery. My Imagio, on the other hand, has yet to last a full day!! All the settings are about the same on the 2 devices, but yet I get half the battery life. My battery info is: Current time: 3:10pm - last full charge 9:05am - standby 4hrs - talk 6mins - usage 1hr 58 mins - and the battery currently is already at 50%. How is your doing??
Old 10-10-2009, 05:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Re: battery Life???

my gf has the imagio and i have the tp2 and i can confirm the battery is not lasting as long as my touch pro 2
Old 10-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Cloppy is keeping up the good workCloppy is keeping up the good work

For some reason the first few days i had mine, 2 times, the battery didnt last more then a couple of hours. after leaving it plugged in with the AC adapter and charging it for a good 8+ hours (overnight) it lasts a day and a half with a constant internet connection checking e-mail every 30 min. When i received it at work i was charging it via USB, maybe that had something to do with it.

Same thing with my signal, first day i got it the signal was crap. after 2 days and doing the *228 reprogram thing now its more stable and better then my I-760.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID

nrgetik is just getting started

The battery life on my Imagio is slightly better than the TP2 in my opinion. I had the TP2 for 2wks and I have had the Imagio for a little over a week.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

Had the tp2 for almost three weeks and have now had the Imagio for almost a week. I'm finding that the battery life is fairly equal on both devices. Not sure if one is better than the other but neither is really terrible and neither is really great but both have usably long battery life for me. YMMV

R
Old 10-12-2009, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work

I had a similar experience... at work, I noticed my battery was around 60%, so I decided to charge it there via USB. Fast forward to later, and I noticed my battery dropped abnormally fast, down to 10% within 5 hours of almost no usage.

Something's weird here, and I'd like to know what. My battery life has been completely fine otherwise. I also noticed that the Vcast TV icon is always on, and there's no option to shut off the radio... maybe this could be part of the problem?
Old 10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio

magnumz32 is just getting started

first 2 days it sucked but now its good, guess it needed a few cycles to last longer
Old 10-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Lurker

guru232 is becoming a great contributor

With Bluetooth turned on all day, push email from google, and a 30 min sync with a work account, in addition to normal browsing and calls....

I am going through about 60% of the battery each day. Its better than the 6800 for sure.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

Veritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Another thing to consider too is that with a brand new phone sittin in your hands you're gonna play with it and click this and test that and tweak here and there and dip into the registry and restart it and alllllllllllll sorts of fun stuff like that when you get it. Once the "new-ness" of the phone wears off and you use your phone as you would normally you'll see that it's not as bad as you initially thought. My girlfriend complained about her battery when she got her TP2 but I told her to give it a week then talk to me. I was right lol.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:09 PM
N00b

GreenScrew is a n00b

I'm on day 2 and after charging it to 60% over lunch (I had expected it would last the day) 4 hours later and not using the phone at all I got low battery warning. I did use the GPS (GoogleMaps) over lunch but close out of the app. Hopefully its a fluke but currently I'm worried about the battery life. Wish I could tell what might be "on"... I don't have bluetooth or wifi turned on and made no calls yet the battery drained in no time!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Diamond 2