PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Diamond 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

guru232 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Blurry Contacts Pictures In Favorites Menu

I've noticed a problem with the picture quality of the contact pictures in the favorites menu. This applies to using both the facebook profile picture and a local image taken with the "use camera" feature.

When the image is initially set in Edit Contact dialog, and then viewed in favorites it looks great. After a period a time (I haven't been able to lock down a certain set of actions to cause it), the picture returns to a blurry version.

Has anyone seen this as well? Any ideas on how to fix it?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Re: Blurry Contacts Pictures In Favorites Menu

Is anyone else seeing this? It's quite annoying to have a great high resolution screen and crappy pixelated contact photos.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Do you mean old contact pictures that carried over from a previous phone or new ones? I noticed this with my old contacts, but I simply edited the pics and chose the same picture again and it cleared them up for me. Haven't tried new ones yet, but I would suspect they would look clear since the camera is better.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I am speaking of all new pictures taken from the contacts app (and picutres linked through the facebook interface).

In shirt, any picture I use come out blurry after some time.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell Axim x5
Carrier: Boost

tekdemon is just getting started

I've noticed this on my phone as well-it seems to happen very noticeably in 6.5 at least on the rom I'm running. On 6.1 I also saw it use a blurry photo a couple of times but it would just start blurry and stay blurry.
I think it may have to do with the phone trying to save memory, since it seems to occur when there's a lot of people in favorites and/or there isn't a lot of free ram. I think there'z also some kind of size threshold where the phone will resize the pics because one of the placeholder "female" pics won't ever go blurry while one will every time.
I removed all my contacts except for 3 then reset the phone to clear up the memory and it seems to be holding the high rez pics for now. We'll see if it'll still go blurry if ram gets low enough.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Diamond 2