PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Sprint

pAnChOpUnK is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My Sprint Store Story (Warning: 6700 fanatic)

Okay, so I went into the Sprint Store to get my 6700 repaired, because the SD card slot a lot of times cannot be recognized and because my Wi-Fi does the same thing, unable to connect to networks.

Showed them my phone. They were like, "what the crap is that, I have never seen that phone before." I was like, "it is the best phone ever made in the history of cell-kind"

Well, I signed the paperwork and waited 45 minutes for them to do their "repair". They came back saying that the motherboard was corroded. They even showed me the 6700 and it looked nasty looking from the inside. They said I needed to upgrade my phone and that I haven't upgraded my phone in 4 years, but I refused, saying that I could not afford it and that my TEP insurance that I have been paying for 4 freaking years should cover my phone's problem.

They said to go to asurion and get it replaced with another 6700. I called asurion and they said it would be 100 bucks to get it replaced. I screwed that comment, saying I can get one cheaper on ebay than that ridiculous price.

So, I went on Sprint's Replacement Program and ordered me a replacement 6700. They said it wouldn't cost nothing, so long as the phone works decently. (which it works fine minus the stupid SD card/Wi-Fi acting up sometimes.)

We shall see, but if I see Sprint charge me for that replacement phone, I am going to demand my old phone back and just live with it, because you can't beat the 6700. They don't make em like they use to. I betcha it is faster than the Touch Pro 2 when the 6700 is overclocked to 620mhz.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700SP
Carrier: ME

alsoltan is a n00b
Re: My Sprint Store Story (Warning: 6700 fanatic)

Thank you
Old 10-04-2009, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700/Apache

pio_masaki is keeping up the good workpio_masaki is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to pio_masaki Send a message via MSN to pio_masaki

The guys at the sprint store i go to all know the apache, they all owned at least one themselves, however failed to notice the WM 6.5 on it, until the guy in the back got ahold of it. I suppose owning one doesn't mean you mod them.
PPC 6700 (2.02 WM5>WM6.5) Sprint

Guide:Activate WM6.1/WM6.5 flashed phone without ##MSL# code
Guide:Android on the Apache
I know where the thanks button is, do you?
Old 10-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: sprint

pincky is a n00b

i got a story for ya

I bought a 6700 from ebay for $60 via buy it now

the phone comes in GREAT CONDITION original box and everything all wraped up nice

the guy before me had WM 6.1 on it so I take it to the sprint repair shop
and they take my phone to transfer it from my old phone (NEXTEL I870 to the PPC 6700) I come back back after an hour and the girl in there goes we are having a problem programming your phone let me pull your account up. She does that and goes oh you have the total protection plan (I had it added because my I870's screen died on me and it was $30 to replace it so I added it then) I will just order you a new phone where did you get this phone from? I got it from some guy from Ebaaaaaaaay (**** I did not want to say it but it was too late, i am thinking great no hook up now) oh okay thats cool. well I just ordered your phone it will be in on monday (it was friday). so monday comes and as she said my BRAND NEW PPC-6700 was in!! $60 for a brick phone took it to sprint repair and ordered me a new one for FREE (THANKS TO THE TOTAL PROTECTION PLAN!)
Old 10-05-2009, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

They can't program it because of the WM 6.1. I have a guide in my sig about how to program it anyways, so you may catch issues later when they look at it and find 6.1 on there.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:58 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

According to a guy I talked to at Verizon he said that the carriers do not mind what OS you use, because you purchased the hardware. However they can not guarentee the device will always work correctly after that is done... they will re-flash the phone anyways, so it doesn't matter whatr OS you send it in with.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

The sprint store guy who noticed the WM 6.5 said they wouldn't touch it after a flash to a non sprint rom, guess verizon is more lenient, or the sprint guy is a douche.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:11 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Yeah I can't comment on Sprint, but I know with stuff like that Verizon aint too bad with. There are a bunch of dirt bags though who manage the place. Such ignorant fools...
Old 10-13-2009, 02:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I wish i still had my 6700 i have two of them in the drawer one works great just a joystick issue and the other just has a mark on the screen..... damn shame

oh yeaht he reason i dont have them is cuz asurion gave me brand new mogul instead of my 6700 a long time ago.,...... WORSE TRADE I EVER MADE!!!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:30 PM
My ROMS On My Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
I wish i still had my 6700 i have two of them in the drawer one works great just a joystick issue and the other just has a mark on the screen..... damn shame

oh yeaht he reason i dont have them is cuz asurion gave me brand new mogul instead of my 6700 a long time ago.,...... WORSE TRADE I EVER MADE!!!!!

You've got that right. The Mogul is a downgrade compared to the 6700. It could have a been a great device but NO, HTC had to chinse out with RAM. I will never reccomend anyone get a Mogul.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache