PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Snap
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

FAST5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Htc snap - horrible design

I realize that I am simply venting my frustration, however I felt it necessary to share my thoughts with you.

I originally owned an HTC Touch Pro, which accidentally got run over the other day after it fell off the roof of my car.

So I walk into Best Buy (I have the Black Tie Protection Plan) and show them the remains of the Touch Pro. They quickly send it off and furnish me with a brand new loaner HTC Snap for the next 10 or so days. After 24 hours, I am convinced that this is one of the worst phones ever designed.

How do you guys even use this thing? Relatively no aftermarket software support, PPM Backup doesn't even work, pixelated icons galore, microscopic keyboard, a camera that looks about the same as a drawn picture, no flash, and websites are practically as good as they were back in 1993. The only thing good about this phone is it appears to have stronger battery life than the Touch Pro. Then again, of course it does. What the hell does it do other than give you the time and answer phone calls?

Seriously, this phone should be inducted into the hall of shame.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:31 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Re: Htc snap - horrible design

i played with one and i actually like it, seems like a blackberry to me. and your wrong, alot of apps will work just fine for it, you just have to search. the only down fall to this device is it is non touch screen. it also runs winmo standard not professional, the design looks good to me as well.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Snap

dougmwpsu is a n00b

Hmm, actually I find this phone pretty awesome, but if that's the way you really feel, why not run it over and see if it fares any better than your Touch. Don't forget to post Youtube!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted

is the snap touchscreen?

If someone helps you,click the "THANKS" button!
Or consider donating to chef or your rom!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

kris926 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by relisted View Post
is the snap touchscreen?
No, it's not. It's a Windows Standard (smartphone) device.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:01 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST5 View Post

I originally owned an HTC Touch Pro, which accidentally got run over the other day after it fell off the roof of my car....
So should you.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

bmxracer38 is a n00b

Quote:
I realize that I am simply venting my frustration, however I felt it necessary to share my thoughts with you.

I originally owned an HTC Touch Pro, which accidentally got run over the other day after it fell off the roof of my car.

So I walk into Best Buy (I have the Black Tie Protection Plan) and show them the remains of the Touch Pro. They quickly send it off and furnish me with a brand new loaner HTC Snap for the next 10 or so days. After 24 hours, I am convinced that this is one of the worst phones ever designed.

How do you guys even use this thing? Relatively no aftermarket software support, PPM Backup doesn't even work, pixelated icons galore, microscopic keyboard, a camera that looks about the same as a drawn picture, no flash, and websites are practically as good as they were back in 1993. The only thing good about this phone is it appears to have stronger battery life than the Touch Pro. Then again, of course it does. What the hell does it do other than give you the time and answer phone calls?

I had the same thing happen to me except i just dropped my touch pro and at first they gave a instinct as a loaner and i brought it back and siad this is a piece of junk i at least need a wm phone and the snap was the only one that they had at the time. I agree with FAST5, it is a horrible design, they keys are way too small and I can find very few apps that will with the phone. FAST5 r u waiting for the touch pro 2 to come out in best buy to get ur warrant y fulfilled?
Old 10-17-2009, 05:23 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

don't feed the troll, he should of looked and played with one before he bought it. i for one wouldn't mind having this phone but im going with a hero.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

eksasol is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Then again, of course it does. What the hell does it do other than give you the time and answer phone calls?
You have to put it into perspective. The snap costed $29 after the $150 upgrade discount. I don't know how much it was for the Touch, but the Touch Pro2 costed me $400. That's a big difference. Besides, if you spend time flashing the rom and getting all the fixes and extra apps, it become more usable.

We are spoiled from all these technologies. I first only had a phone can could only tell time and dialed. Then I got the Snap and later upgraded to the Pro2. After I realized of all the functions it can do, now I feel its the most important device I own. Now that I'm spoiled I can go back

Last edited by eksasol; 11-25-2009 at 03:26 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc snap
Carrier: sprint

chains666999 is a n00b

well i had some thing like that happen i had the mogul then it just stopped charging after 3 phones later they gave me the snap and i still hate the key pad but hell i haven't paid for a phone in 10 years the company doesn't like arguments w/ me lol so new phone every year
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Snap