PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700/Apache
Carrier: Sprint

pio_masaki is keeping up the good workpio_masaki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pio_masaki Send a message via MSN to pio_masaki
HOW TO: Activate a WM6.1 / WM6.5 Apache without ##MSL#

As some of us have found, you have to reflash back to stock OEM WM5 ROMs for Sprint to activate your phone, the code they give you will NOT work. They try to give you ##xxxxxx# as the code to enter the programming menu, any other ROM then stock will do nothing. So, here is the work around for this.

#####NOT needed if you flash to something other then stock AFTER activation####

Info you will need, if you know this skip ahead to the programming of the NAM:
MSL (this is the 6 digit code to program your phone)
MDN (Mobile Directory Number, your phone number)
MSID (provided by your carrier, if you know this enter it and forget about calling)

Step 1. Do some homework and prep work. If you will be using your same phone number, just swapping from one phone to the other, you can safely enter your MDN number before hand, it's simply your phone number including area code, like xxxxxxxxxxx no spaces or anything else. Only if you know or reset your MSL, otherwise you can't edit anything and you will have to wait until you call sprint. If you are the account holder you need your name and passcode/last 4 of your social, if you are NOT the account holder, get the passcode or last 4 of the account holders social, and give them that, then say it's under so and so's name. They will ask your name and log it. Write down your ESN, they ask for the DEC number but write down both just in case so you won't have to power down and reset, leaving the EPST menu.

Step 2. At the phone/dialer app enter in ##778#. Choose Edit from the 3 choice menu. If you know your MSL enter it in here and go to step 5. If you dont know it go to step 3.

Step 3. Call Sprint (*2), choose whatever language you want, then hit the options for activate a new phone. I think its menu options 1 1 2, but listen to the choices.

Step 4. Sprint rep will get on the line, you can't do this through the automated system. They'll ask what number this is for, your name, passcode/last 4 of your social (well, the account holder). If you dunno this stuff, find out BEFORE calling, it's easier.

Step 5. Sprint rep will then do whatever else they need to do before asking you to enter in ##XXXXXX#. If you haven't already done so (I did say to do it beforehand) enter in ##778# instead, then enter the 6 numbers into the MSL login screen box. Optional note, write this number down for future reference as this doesn't change unless you change it yourself.

Step 5. Go to the Nam Settings screen. Second down from top is Mobile Directory Number (MDN). When they say to enter the MDN number enter it on this line. It's your phone number, no biggie.

Step 6. Go to the 5th option down, MSID. Enter the number they give you, it's NOT your phone number so this is vital to getting your phone to work. Click exit, yes to reset and yes again if it asks, device resets and you are done!

I now this works, I did it two days ago. Just play along with the rep like you entered the menu with ##MSL# and enter it on your own. Internet is another story lol.

Remember to pop a thanks my way if this helped you out =)
PPC 6700 (2.02 WM5>WM6.5) Sprint

Guide:Activate WM6.1/WM6.5 flashed phone without ##MSL# code
Guide:Android on the Apache
I know where the thanks button is, do you?

Last edited by pio_masaki; 09-18-2009 at 11:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache