PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

mookiemoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation unlock 6700?

everrytime i try to flash a new rom on my 6700, the phone goes dark and then soon after, the window pops up on the pc stating that it can not communicate with the 6700. Do I need to unlock this device much like you do with the touch pro? where can i find the software to do that then?
Old 09-07-2009, 10:48 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: unlock 6700?

Hi. Please refer to flashing guides and such. The dark screen is bootloader, grab a flashlight or hold it in a lighted area. There is no unlocking for the 6700. You need to start with your phone in bootloader and if you're on Vista disable USB connections. You also need to know what bootloader verison you have. Again, please read flashing guides as they will save you from almost every headache... Enjoy and if you need help feel free to let me know.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mookiemoo is a n00b

well, in attempting to flash a new rom to the 6700, the screen on my 6700 goes dark, and disconnects from the computer. Soon after, I receive an error message stating that it can not connect with the 6700. I thought perhaps there needs to be another process performed like the touch pro
Old 09-09-2009, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700/Apache
Carrier: Sprint

pio_masaki is keeping up the good workpio_masaki is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to pio_masaki Send a message via MSN to pio_masaki

Well tell us what you are doing, in steps, in order and we can tell you if it's normal or not. Press the power + record + reset buttons at the same time (I go power-record-reset it works for me as long as all 3 are done at the same time at some point). The screen will go black, but it will say USB up top and VX.XX on the bottom. VX.XX is the version you need to select in the kitchen when building the ROM to be put in. Like PDAJ said, use a flashlight or hold it under a light (or the sun in the window whatever is bright) and move the screen angle until you can see it. It's faint, but it's there. In XP disable USB connection in active sync (not required but I do it anyways) and in vista disable USB connection in whatever that thing is called that syncs your handhelds in vista (I use xp lol). If not it overrides the kitchen RUU and you can't flash, it will fail. I also disconnect from USB, then go into boot loader, then plug it in, may help.
PPC 6700 (2.02 WM5>WM6.5) Sprint

Guide:Activate WM6.1/WM6.5 flashed phone without ##MSL# code
Guide:Android on the Apache
I know where the thanks button is, do you?

Last edited by pio_masaki; 09-09-2009 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Oh yeah.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mookiemoo is a n00b
Exclamation Re: unlock 6700?

well..
i put the 6700 in to bootloader mode, where it reflects usb on top and v1.00 on the bottom. I go in to active sync and uncheck the box for usb communication. I have tried both, leaving it in usb connection and not. I click on the rom flashing program and after a series of screens, hitting next, I then hit the final screen and wait for it to begin flashing. after nothing happening for about 1 minute, an error screen comes up and says it can not communicate with the 6700.
Now i get this whether I check the usb block or not in active sync.
I have also tried flashing the 6700 without going in to bootloader mode. when I do this, the screen goes black and you hear the chirp from the pc saying the usb connection has been disconnected and then an error screen appears stating no communication available.
Does this shed light on anything?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache