PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6700
Carrier: verizon

cleverpseudonym1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon MMS problems for WM6.1&6.5..SOLVED?

i have been switching back and forth between roms oN my VX6700 on verizon trying to figure out wtF the issue is with sending & receiving MMS. i has Helmi's 6.1 installed and could never get it to work without the aid of wi-fi connections(ie, hotspots, wireless networks). but i think i figured it out.

i have a version of WM6.5 installed on this now (CE OS 5.2.21501(build 21501.5.0.70). initally i was unable to get mms from this phone at all. after hours of fiddling i gave. until while bored at work the other day i searched online fourms again and found this thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1122252

i downloaded the verizon cab and installed it on the phone. still, to my dismay it did not work. i would continue to get the message "originator address not found" i couldnt find any soultins for this problem. so i deceide to download a registry editor and see if i could see where some info was missing from the keys. honestly i have little knowlage of editing registry keys,so fumbled around for a bit looking for something that would seem to me like an address , or something descibing my number in the arcsoft software....

i navigated to this

hkey_local_machine-->software-->arcsoft-->arcsoft mms ua-->config-->mm1-->wspheader->...from there again i really didnt know what to put anywhere or what to change,but i noticed the entry"x-vzw-MDN" said "mynumber" so changed this to my number(with no dashes or spaces), soft reset the phone and

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i re-flashed and went throught the set up againwith a newer version of Arcsoft that wasnt verizon specific, and i didnt work. the "x-vzw-MDN" was not there, and i could find nothing that looked like it would take my number. so re-installed the older version of arcsoft and it worked again.

make sure to set up your access to dail #777 and it should work fine hopefully this will save someone the 4 days it took me to get this hammered out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Verizon MMS problems for WM6.1&6.5..SOLVED?

Nicely done! Would loved to have had this info when I had my Treo 700WX

Old 11-04-2009, 03:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

fubar569 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverpseudonym1 View Post
i have been switching back and forth between roms oN my VX6700 on verizon trying to figure out wtF the issue is with sending & receiving MMS. i has Helmi's 6.1 installed and could never get it to work without the aid of wi-fi connections(ie, hotspots, wireless networks). but i think i figured it out.

i have a version of WM6.5 installed on this now (CE OS 5.2.21501(build 21501.5.0.70). initally i was unable to get mms from this phone at all. after hours of fiddling i gave. until while bored at work the other day i searched online fourms again and found this thread

i downloaded the verizon cab and installed it on the phone. still, to my dismay it did not work. i would continue to get the message "originator address not found" i couldnt find any soultins for this problem. so i deceide to download a registry editor and see if i could see where some info was missing from the keys. honestly i have little knowlage of editing registry keys,so fumbled around for a bit looking for something that would seem to me like an address , or something descibing my number in the arcsoft software....

i navigated to this

hkey_local_machine-->software-->arcsoft-->arcsoft mms ua-->config-->mm1-->wspheader->...from there again i really didnt know what to put anywhere or what to change,but i noticed the entry"x-vzw-MDN" said "mynumber" so changed this to my number(with no dashes or spaces), soft reset the phone and

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i re-flashed and went throught the set up againwith a newer version of Arcsoft that wasnt verizon specific, and i didnt work. the "x-vzw-MDN" was not there, and i could find nothing that looked like it would take my number. so re-installed the older version of arcsoft and it worked again.

make sure to set up your access to dail #777 and it should work fine hopefully this will save someone the 4 days it took me to get this hammered out.
OH MY GOD THANK YOU x 4389673429857349857985732985739863209

i have been switching between ROMs for 2 days now trying to solve my lack of MMS - no previously posted CABs or fixes would work...at one point i had AKU3.3 and got stuck in bootloader and thought i bricked the phone, my Win7 flashing quit so i had to switch to XP to rescue it, got all that done and still couldn't get MMS to work UNTIL i installed GC VZW arcsoft per this forum THEN navigated to the registry key YOU posted and altered it to fit my mobile number! it now works PERFECTLY!

this should almost be a sticky...seriously! this was the ONLY fix that worked for me!
Old 12-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Verison

vargo9111 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverpseudonym1 View Post

i navigated to this

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD THANK YOU x infinity x infinity

You have no idea how much I pulled my hair out on this problem

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache