PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW: Touch Pro2, Titan, Vogue, and Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

mdjkim is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Updated NFSFAN ROM

I enjoy using NFSFAN's ROMs and it's just been updated:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2378
NFSFAN's 6.5 21926 XIP/23001 SYS Hybrid V15 GENERIC CARRIER ROM
Old 08-31-2009, 03:14 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Re: Updated NFSFAN ROM

im sticking with v13, i hate the new manilla version. he updates his roms way too much for me, ill be darned if im gonna flash that much.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

jmitr is just getting started

Hey Fixxxer,

I answered you on XDA, just curious though, what do you not like about the new Manila??
ROM: NFSFAN 6.5 V1.00 21864 SYS/XIP
DIALER: NFSFAN Jade GSM Dialer & Vol Control 3.0.34216
HTCtoucher 4 column start menu
NFSFAN Opera 9.5 Build 17753
Old 09-01-2009, 04:18 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmitr View Post
Hey Fixxxer,

I answered you on XDA, just curious though, what do you not like about the new Manila??

two words = no customization!
Old 09-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOuch
Carrier: Sprint

deedeebulldog is a n00b

I am having a huge amount of problems with V15. Too many to list. The biggest is when I soft reset, it hard resets. I am going back to V14.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

Link9228 is keeping up the good workLink9228 is keeping up the good work

It doesn't seem like there are many changes from this one since v14... I think so far v13 was the best. v14 is much more attractive, but it's buggy... and judging by the changelog, nothing has been fixed (at least the bugs I've noticed). Also, there are more errors reported with this v than any other version I've seen/used (I've been using since version 7 or , so I think I'll wait until version 16. Thanks for the heads up though.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cyburke is a n00b

i was looking forward to trying v15 but it sounds like from you guys that maybe its a no go right now...
Old 09-01-2009, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

wizziko is just getting started

yea I have had a ton of problems with v15. I was recently on v12 which was amazing. Now I am having trouble when I flashed back to earlier ROMs.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

jmitr is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
two words = no customization!
Everytime a new version of Manila comes out old themes no longer work. When the footprints version came out, a new M2DC was required and old themes would mess up the calendar display on your homepage etc.

You can install / make new themes if you know what your doing. Untill the auther of M2DC makes a new version any new themes will have to be cab files or rar files. NFSFAN disabled several non-working / interfering widgets in V15 that did not play nice with M2DC. I have yet to try a new theme to test this.

This is what we have to put up with always loading the latest and greatest stuff on our devices. I'm sure the VGA M3D boys had to make new themes when 2.5 came out. Price we pay for being on the cutting edge!!

I made a black theme that runs fine with the new mega, you can see it below. I am in the process of editing the .xml to add the flip clocks back.

For the people in this thread with the hard reset and other issues, there are a few minor known issues with the ROM that any XDA user knows. Your problems are not one of them. It is a bad / improper flash

1. Flash from bootloader mode ONLY, let all customizations run
2. Hard reset, let all customizations run.
3. If you still have reset issues flash back to stock first then repeat

This is from NFSFAN himself. In my opinion the going back to stock step is only required when changing to a new sys / xip. My opinion, but when NFSFAN says flash from bootloader only, well..............flash from bootloader. He's the Chef, he should know.

I know there's the "triple flash" in Codybears's FAQ, hey most people that do that have no problems.

Cheers everyone.

Happily running V15 with NO ISSUES, awesome speed and battery performance, and a black theme for Mega (not a trace of brown ANYWHERE)
Old 09-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOuch

deedeebulldog is a n00b

So Far so good. I flashed back to stock for half a day. Then flashed to V15, hard reset, and flash 2 more times. Still will not let me adjust the time in inital setup, but thats not a problem. Everything seems to be working great.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development