PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

View Poll Results: Whatcha think?
LOVE IT! 272 76.19%
hate it.... 85 23.81%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking [PRJ][ROM][CDMA]Rhodium Elite Project - RC1

Hey!!! We’re back! We got such a good response from our last few projects that we wanted to move forward with an Elite Team HardSPL and ROM for the CDMA Touch Pro 2!!! This is the official thread and all official announcements, updates and releases will be done here or linked from here to other threads, when necessary. If it doesn’t come from here it’s not official and you deal with it at your own risk.

NOTE: This project will be better organize. With the Raphael CDMA ROM project, we had two members almost out of commission due to life issues. 1, Ltxda’s daughter passed away and that in itself was hard for him to deal with even though he was still trying his best to stay in the game and 2, the cook was having some personal obstacles that threw him “off balance” but now he’s back and doing better. That said, we’ve reorganized, learned from the obstacles we had to overcame and have new cook that’s ready to kick some butt. We’re also, soon to, implement tentative deadlines to ensure everyone is on the same page and will communicate more closely with the community. That’s how we do it in this team…admit when we trip, get back up, identify ways to fix it and try not to let it happen again then move forward stronger than before. Isn’t that how we all work?

_-::Brought to you by the Elite Project Team::-_

* AstainHellbring
* CLHatch
* mrvanx
* cmonex
* Chainfire
* Olipro
* LTxda
* DaveShaw
* Brau0303
* Other core members TBD at a later time, if/when needed

::Initial Project Goals::
- HardSPL!
- Better Device Experience: Produce an "out-of-the-box" ROM for professionals/power users with...
- Increased functionality: Release a fully loaded ROM and a vanilla ROM. The project's RC releases will be fully loaded. I believe that if you test a fully loaded ROM and optimize it very well, when you strip the excess baggage it'll perform that much better.
- More stable: Release a ROM that is more stable than the stock, not too difficult to do, but ensure the stability is there when you have to push your device.
- Enhanced Memory Management: Ensures you can push your device when you need to without out of memory problems. Not always 100% possible due to third party product flaws but we do our best.
- Superior Battery Life (not always possible but we're going to give it a good go at it)
- Boost speed: When you want the device to respond it better.

::What we need from the community::
- Donations: As with all of our other projects, we'll need donations to get devices to make this happen. We need enough donations for 3 devices. The team is spread out around the planet so we can’t easily work together on the same device. Many of you know the team from interacting with us on projects related to the Athena, Shift, Raphael (GSM & CDMA), Rhodium (GSM), etc. If you need a reference check out our other projects and what others have to say. Our ROMs aren't for everyone but those that are looking for a better and more functional experience often choose the Elite end product for their needs.
- Involvement: Your involvement is imperative to the project's success. We want feedback, suggestions and lots of testing. We want the ROM to be put through the paces and for the community to report real world issues. We want your suggestions as to what freeware is useful to you and why. We include a good deal of freeware for much more functionality than a stock ROM but there are many products out there that we haven't come across, this is where the community support helps.
- Help Others: Help answering questions for those new to the community or Windows Mobile devices or HTC devices for that matter. Help directing people to the answers so the core team can focus on continued development efforts, etc.

...more to come soon...

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
This post has been thanked 61 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Elite Team Member
Threadstarter

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP
Re: [PRJ][ROM][CDMA]Rhodium Elite Project - RC1

Donate here:

Donations:

2 -0.28 = 1 x 1.72
3 -0.32 = 1 x 2.68
6x5 -0.40 = 6 x 4.60
6.07 -0.44 = 1 x 5.63
2x7 -0.47 = 2 x 6.53
10x10 -0.59 = 10 x 9.41
11 -0.63 = 1 x 10.37
12 -0.67 = 1 x 11.33
12.32 -0.68 = 1 x 11.64
14 -0.75 = 1 x 13.25
2x15 -0.79 = 2 x 14.21
3x20 -0.98 = 3 x 19.02
25 -1.18 = 1 x 23.82
50 -2.15 = 1 x 47.85

32 items

total:

369.39 - 20.86 = 348.53 GBP

More listed as they come, keep them coming! Thank you all for what you do donate as well!

Last edited by AstainHellbring; 09-06-2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: adding donations
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Elite Team Member
Threadstarter

RhodiumW Elite RC1 Release

We would like to welcome everyone to the RhodiumW Elite ROM!

It is a based on Windows Mobile 6.5 build 21869. We have included several applications in this rom, but made most of them uninstallable, for those that choose not to use them.

We included Remote Tracker, which allows you to locate your phone if lost/stolen, among other functions. The configuration is copied from the SD card on hard reset, so as long as the SD card remains in the phone it will be installed for you, even if they hard reset your phone.

We also included a few "toggle" items in the start menu, to add/remove Gyrator, VistaHide Battery Gauge, etc., to the startup items. There is also a "Rearrange Start Menu" item in Tools that will move the links to a few apps you may have installed to where we thought it made sense to put them.

We included a slightly modified version of GadgetFreak's Bear Bonz Round Taskbar theme (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...30&postcount=6), with GadgetFreak's kind permission. The "slight modification" is colorized "Ev" and "rA" icons.

Also included are four new Today themes using m.carroll's GlossBlack (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...48&postcount=1) and GlossBlue (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=42) themes as a base, again, with m.carroll's kind permission.

A list of the included apps is attached to this post so feel free to check it out. Also as always we happily appreciate donations, so if you feel so inclined please donate here: http://alturl.com/5in6

As a note, we do know this rom needs some polishing, but we didn't want you to have to wait till we had a "perfect" rom... no long delays like we had before.

Now for the part you all have been waiting for! The links!
Sprint: http://eliteteam.htc-hackers.mobi/pu...9_20091024.RAR
Verizon: http://eliteteam.htc-hackers.mobi/pu...9_20091024.RAR
Note on customization:
During the customization portion of these roms, the rom will reset before it seems to have finished. This is normal, and customization will resume on the next boot.

Also anyone that has any issues/suggestions/just wanna say hi, feel free to join us on IRC at: http://java.freenode.net/index.php?channel=eliteteam

Last edited by AstainHellbring; 10-29-2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: RELEASE BABY!
This post has been thanked 24 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Elite Team Member
Threadstarter

For Screen shots check here: http://s637.photobucket.com/albums/u...20Elite%20RC1/

Last edited by AstainHellbring; 10-27-2009 at 03:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

The Elite Team ROM is NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
The Elite Team ROM is NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!!!!
LOL, thanks. I was just about to send you a pm asking if you or one of the mods could open this thread. I have already flashed this one and its running pretty good so far.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

mongoose0318 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for the great rom! Does anyone have a way to get rid of the flames on the first couple splash screens (the orange and then blue)? My guess is we need to flash a new splash screen but I haven't seen one available. I am on vzw if it matters. THANKS!
Old 10-30-2009, 10:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

how is this rom? anyone?
Old 10-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond/touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

nptouch is a n00b

all the hard work is appreciated, if i could donate i would i dont even know how i got this tp2 to tell you the truth.... thanks gentlemen
Old 10-30-2009, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wphend00 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to wphend00 Send a message via AIM to wphend00 Send a message via MSN to wphend00 Send a message via Yahoo to wphend00

Because these are the guys who created the HPSL unlocker... I loaded their ROM first.
It has a TON of options... and lots of extra programs... but I feel as if I have to say "A Little TOO Much". It is very laggy... the default Today Screen for MS, moved VERY slow. I had to hard reset the device 3 times before I could finally get into touch flo today screen, because the entire device kept locking up... It is a good ROM, just not for me... I will try to load a later Release Candidate...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development