PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Snap

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

shankscomp is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to shankscomp Send a message via Yahoo to shankscomp
Tether - need help ASAP

OK, I've tried several different ICS Fix hacks, but each time, the phone keeps trying the Phone As Modem option. I need to be able to tether with this phone, because this is what SPRINT's insurance sent me as a comporable replacement to the mogul.... Bull SH**... You know it's not the same... But, could someone please tell me how to get the tethering working...
Thanks
Tim
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!
Old 08-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Tether - need help ASAP

Try this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4170499
And you can can back get the phone replaced with the touch pro which is equivalent. Touchscreen versus non touch isnt equivalent.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700 xv6800 xv6900 Ozone
Carrier: Verizon

thenikonian is a n00b

ICS works for me with no problems. I did no fixing what so ever. I installed .net 3.5 but I don't think that is a factor.
I think a prerequisite is active sync 4.5 on the pc you are using. Start your internet connection. I always pull up internet explorer first. Last start ICS and hit connect then plug it into your computer via usb. PC connection and network connection are blank on my screen. They can not be changed but ICS does work tethered and with WM Wifi Router.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

95FormulaTA is becoming a great contributor

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner... this is what I installed on my wifes Snap so she could teather. Works great.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31896

Last edited by 95FormulaTA; 08-15-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Snap

kansaskid72 is a n00b

The Snap keeps reverting back to the old PAM value in the registry after reboots. Be careful!

Until we can figure out why the registry reverts back to the stock values after reboot, can someone build me a simple reg file I can put in my startup folder that DELETES the FORCECELLCONNECTION line in the registry? That is the only way I can get it to work on Sprint and not PAM, and I hate going into the registry everytime I reboot my phone.

Thanks!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Snap

dougmwpsu is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaskid72 View Post
The Snap keeps reverting back to the old PAM value in the registry after reboots. Be careful!

Until we can figure out why the registry reverts back to the stock values after reboot, can someone build me a simple reg file I can put in my startup folder that DELETES the FORCECELLCONNECTION line in the registry? That is the only way I can get it to work on Sprint and not PAM, and I hate going into the registry everytime I reboot my phone.

Thanks!
What's strange is that ForceCellConnection is the ONLY value that reverts for me after a reboot. other reg values stick. I think sprint must have some kind of install script running that replaces it.

The next problem is that once I've deleted the value ICS throws an error message up at me saying that my user name and password are invalid. In the connection settings the fields are left blank. what's going on?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Snap