PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 01:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: apache

novakid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
need to use verizon on a sprint phone

HI first off let me say i am a newb to all of this i received a sprint pocket pc today after my phone broke for the 11th time. so i recived this phone from my friend and after doing a little research i end up here i was wondering if any one could help me set this phone up for verizon? also while researching i noticed peope have moded there phone to work like iphones any help pointing me twords how to sccomplish this would be well apriceated thanks.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:12 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: need to use verizon on a sprint phone

Hi, welcome to PPCGeeks.

First off, you can not use a Sprint branded phone on Verizon, unless you get them to accept the ESN of the device. If you can get them to do that, then you will need to do some work on changing the PRL and ROMs.

Second, there is no making the phones work like an iPhone, but rather using a them which looks like an iPhone. Check out some different apps, there are many.

Enjoy.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

novakid is a n00b

cool thanks how do i go about getting them to accept the ESN just go down to say the Verizon store?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:40 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Unfortunately it's not that easy. You have to call tech support 1-800-922-0204 and get a tech who knows what their talking about. It is very hard to find someone who can either add a non-native ESN to the system, or even get someone who can. You will need to sound very confident and sound very intelligent. Also don't say the phone is a Sprint device as they will LIE to you saying Sprint devices can never function on the Verizon network. Tell them it's an Alltel phone. It can take several days for the ESn to be added, so be patient. If you are able to get them to add the ESN then come back and I will help you with the rest, which is a long process...
Old 07-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

novakid is a n00b

sweet thanks man
Old 07-28-2009, 02:02 PM
My ROMS On My Site

No problem. Good luck getting a non-native ESN onto Verizon, it is rather hard...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache