PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Moving to Omnia from HTC XV6700?

I've got an XV6700 from HTC which I really love. It's starting to act weird (freeze, drop phone connections, etc.) so I'm thinking I may need to upgrade to a newer model. I've got a cooked ROM on there and have been loving the hacks and other tips people have developed for it on this site. How does the Omnia compare to the XV6700? Any down side? I don't need a pullout keyboard - never use it. Are the tips/tricks equally developed? Is the user experience better? Is it any faster/more responsive? Are there kitchens, ROMS, etc. yet? Any reason not to switch? Any opinions would be very welcome.

thanks!

Mike
Old 07-13-2009, 11:21 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Re: Moving to Omnia from HTC XV6700?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
I've got an XV6700 from HTC which I really love. It's starting to act weird (freeze, drop phone connections, etc.) so I'm thinking I may need to upgrade to a newer model. I've got a cooked ROM on there and have been loving the hacks and other tips people have developed for it on this site. How does the Omnia compare to the XV6700? Any down side? I don't need a pullout keyboard - never use it. Are the tips/tricks equally developed? Is the user experience better? Is it any faster/more responsive? Are there kitchens, ROMS, etc. yet? Any reason not to switch? Any opinions would be very welcome.
Two downsides (both could be a positive too):

1. No keyboard on the Omnia - if you don't use it, no big deal.. smaller phone.
2. No conventional pull-out stylus. - less to lose

Other than that, the Omnia is a better phone in almost every way.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910

fuzzer is a n00b

I made this move a few months ago... Love it. The Omnia is more compact, and more powerful. More features (still waiting for GPS, or the bravery to flash my NEW phone). Still trying to find the perfect on screen keyboard, but have no problem being w/o the slide out KB. Many finger friendly apps out there, so you "almost" never need the stylus. (a paperclip will do if u need to reset in a pinch)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I used to have an Omnia and it is a nice phone a big step up but also remember the resolution and screen size are both different which can impact apps make for a 320*240 and not the Omnia.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Threadstarter

mlevin77 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
I used to have an Omnia and it is a nice phone a big step up but also remember the resolution and screen size are both different which can impact apps make for a 320*240 and not the Omnia.
interesting. What happens when a WM5 app made for a 320x240 screen is run on an Omnia? does it just run in a portion of the screen, or not run at all or what?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache