PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700_6.5_21501
Carrier: sprint

somu76 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is this a bricked phone in this state?

my phone got accidentally dropped today, and ever since I can't get it to respond to me for more than a few seconds upon booting... it was running a 6.1ROM, so I tried to see if I could update the ROM again to clean up the memory, and I tried the 6.5 ROM, but am seeing the same result, where it gets to the inital start screen, and then hangs there...

tried to get back to the original ROM (WM5) after downloading from the link provided by the gurus here, but when trying to run that, I am getting a 101 connection error (using Vista... no XP unfortunately @home)...

Does this seem like a hardware issue that is unfixable or can I get out of this mess? I have the insurance for the phone with Sprint, so am wondering if it can be used (needs to be used?) here....

if anyone can share their wisdom/experiences on this, I would much appreciate it.

Thanks,
somu.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700_6.5_21501
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

somu76 is a n00b
Re: is this a bricked phone in this state?

quick update to this.. I am now able to get the original OEM ROM to start its install on this...it just finished its thing, and I am supposedly on the default ROM now... it is staying at the flash screen now....
Old 07-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: is this a bricked phone in this state?

If you have insurance on this phone, you might as well attempt to replace it. The worst that can happen is that the tech figures out what's wrong and fixes it, and the best is that they swap it out for a new Touch Pro or Mogul. Unless you hate those phones or something, I would just walk into a Sprint store and see what they can do. Just make sure that the ROM is stock (which I see you've already done) and that the phone is relocked to original bootloader.

If you had insurance for the Apache since you've gotten it, I'm sure you've probably already paid the equivalent of another phone with all the premiums.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 07-14-2009 at 01:08 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache