PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Karmashock is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Consistent dialing problems

The time it takes to progress from "dialing" to "connected" is often longer then 10 seconds. Further, it frequently will sit there for up to two minutes "dialing" and not get anywhere. I'm in the middle of the city with full bars... and I often can't make a call.

I do notice that the phone loses contact with sprint a lot going from full bars to nothing and then full bars again in the space of about five seconds. It's not a graphical glitch... it disconnects and reconnects from sprint at least once an hour and sometimes much more often.

The most irritating symptom is that when I call voice mail and it asks me to dial numbers to select menu options... it often doesn't recognize the number. It will tell me to press 7 to delete a message and I'll sit there hammering the 7 to no effect. The phone is clearly "trying" to send a 7 as the number scrolls across the screen. But it's not received at the other end.

I've flashed the device several times to entirely different Roms including the official sprint rom using the official sprint utility... but that accomplishes nothing. The problem persists.

Anyone have a suggestion besides throwing it at the wall?

I will say that I'm considering upgrading to the Touch Pro later this year and retiring the Apache to some kind of PDA role. But in the mean time I'd like to get this fixed if at all possible.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache