PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 04:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZW Touch pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus

aczlan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Charging issues...

I have a Verizon branded XV6700 and charging has become flaky over the past few weeks, it would only charge when plugged into my computer, and while it is plugged in it would connect and disconnect itself at random, now it doesn't seem to charge to more than 20%. Needless to say I am about ready to dump this thing in the trash and would do so, but I really like the touchscreen and other features...

Has anyone seen such behavior? it happens with both batteries I have (the one that came with the phone and the "new" one from Ebay that I got a few months back, both OEM labled UTStarcom batteries rated for 1350mAh.

Has anyone seen this and/or know fo a fix?

Thanks

Aaron Z

Last edited by aczlan; 06-27-2009 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Spellcheck and skin change
Old 06-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6700
Carrier: Sprint

neweternity4321 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Charging issues...

I've been seeing similar issues with a Sprint ppc-6700. I ditched the stock battery about a year ago because it flaked out completely and my eBay replacement barely gets me through the day. This is becoming a problem because I work 12-hour days and I frequently leave my cube so I am unable to leave it on a charger all the time.

Sometimes it will randomly decide that it is out of batteries (when I know it is over half-charged) and the whole thing will crash. Here's what it looks like: the screen will jump to full brightness, and the phone will vibrate. It will become very slow and unresponsive. If I pop the SD card out, a message pops up saying "Insufficient battery life for requested function (SD)." and then vibrates at me again. If you try to plug it in, the device does not recognize the charger. Also, even stranger, the "phone" part of the OS crashes. If you try to bring up the dial pad, it pops up an error that says, "Cannot find :MSProg [...]" The only way to fix this is to press the soft reset button on the bottom of the phone. Also there is something wrong with my pim data, because whenever it does a soft reset, it loses all the texts and emails that were sent or received after a random date. It seems to pick a new date every few weeks... right now it resets to June 26th... before then, June 12th, before then, May 20th? I think? Its very strange.

I was holding out for the Touch Pro 2 before messing with this ppc-6700, but its getting so frustrating that I'm gonna update my copy of SPB Backup, save my data and just reflash it in the next few days.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache