PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 06:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

McFester is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to McFester Send a message via MSN to McFester Send a message via Yahoo to McFester
Angry I'm having a really big problem with my HTC Touch... It comes up with "No Radio..."

I didn't add anything new to it or anything, it just decided to start not turning on. Before you say anything, I did some researching and just could not find anything to fix my problem...
It starts up with the screen that says, "HTC Smart Mobility," and then a few seconds later, the little info message thing at the bottom comes up. I don't remember what it normally says, but now it's saying:
"M03 No Radio
B 01 D 1.12"

I have tried holding the camera button while rebooting and it worked once, but now the menu won't come up again. I suppose I could keep trying if that's what it takes. I've just been taking out the battery to turn it off and then putting it back and trying again. Nothing it working, and nothing is different. I am very dependent on my phone and probably have a million text messages, so you would be my hero if you could help. Thank you so so much!

PS: I don't know anything really, about these things, so telling me to "flash" this, and get that-- I really don't understand any of this. Sorry... =\
Old 06-14-2009, 06:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community
Re: I'm having a really big problem with my HTC Touch... It comes up with "No Radio..

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFester View Post
I didn't add anything new to it or anything, it just decided to start not turning on. Before you say anything, I did some researching and just could not find anything to fix my problem...
It starts up with the screen that says, "HTC Smart Mobility," and then a few seconds later, the little info message thing at the bottom comes up. I don't remember what it normally says, but now it's saying:
"M03 No Radio
B 01 D 1.12"

I have tried holding the camera button while rebooting and it worked once, but now the menu won't come up again. I suppose I could keep trying if that's what it takes. I've just been taking out the battery to turn it off and then putting it back and trying again. Nothing it working, and nothing is different. I am very dependent on my phone and probably have a million text messages, so you would be my hero if you could help. Thank you so so much!

PS: I don't know anything really, about these things, so telling me to "flash" this, and get that-- I really don't understand any of this. Sorry... =\
Have you tried installing a new radio?http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=radios
Old 06-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: I'm having a really big problem with my HTC Touch... It comes up with "No Radio..

I would back up anything you want to save to your storge card and do a hard reset. If you don't know how to do that check the help file in your phone, your manual, or check back here. I think you just hold down the call and end buttons while you stick the stylus in the hole.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

McFester is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to McFester Send a message via MSN to McFester Send a message via Yahoo to McFester

Which one do I install? There are several links where you sent me...
=P Sorry, I'm not good with this.

----

Oh, and those are for HTC Touch Pro... I only have a regular HTC Touch.

Last edited by McFester; 06-14-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

McFester is a n00b
Red face Re: I'm having a really big problem with my HTC Touch... It comes up with "No Radio..

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
I would back up anything you want to save to your storge card and do a hard reset. If you don't know how to do that check the help file in your phone, your manual, or check back here. I think you just hold down the call and end buttons while you stick the stylus in the hole.

Oh, well, I can't turn it on to back anything up. But I have looked and there isn't a reset button anywhere... Thank you very much for your help, though....
Old 06-14-2009, 06:42 PM
VIP Member

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Which one do I install? There are several links where you sent me...
=P Sorry, I'm not good with this.

----

Oh, and those are for HTC Touch Pro... I only have a regular HTC Touch.
Hmm not sure if your just on touch, but I have a touch pro from Sprint, and Im on the 1.11 radio is works good for me. I'd try putting that one on there, dont worry anything wrong with your phone someone on here can fix it. Or at the worst, insurance claim.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Make sure your phone isnt in airplane mode or the phone radio isnt turned off, before anything else

Last edited by gutrrob; 06-14-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

McFester is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by purian23 View Post
Hmm not sure if your just on touch, but I have a touch pro from Sprint, and Im on the 1.11 radio is works good for me. I'd try putting that one on there, dont worry anything wrong with your phone someone on here can fix it. Or at the worst, insurance claim.

Okay, I'll go try.. Is a radio going to even install if my phone isn't on??
Old 06-14-2009, 06:55 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

McFester is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by purian23 View Post

Uhh, okay, it's a weird file extension, so I saved the file, and it says Windows can't open it... Am I supposed to just save the file on my phone and leave it like that, orr...?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:16 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Uhh, okay, it's a weird file extension, so I saved the file, and it says Windows can't open it... Am I supposed to just save the file on my phone and leave it like that, orr...?
Download to your computer, open where the file is and right click and extract the file... then connect your phone with the cord.. click on Rom Update Utility, it'll walk you through it, or go back to the radio's page, there should be detailed instructions..!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development