PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

JoJoCal19 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will Weatherpanel Work on New WVGA Devices (Diamond 2 & Touch Pro 2, etc.) ?

Ive been using a BlackBerry but Im picking up a WinMo device and I want to either get the current gen Diamond or Touch Pro or wait to get the Diamond 2 or Touch Pro2. My question is whether Weatherpanel will work on the newer devices properly as it is now. Storyr Im sure you probably know the answer. Thanks always for the awesome work you do.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff
Re: Will Weatherpanel Work on New WVGA Devices (Diamond 2 & Touch Pro 2, etc.) ?

I cant say for sure, but i cant see a reason why it wouldnt. The only differance is the resolution right? If so then i would all be with the icons and layout file. as long as the icons are sized correctly. and the layout is put together right. Someone correct me please if I'm wrong.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Re: Will Weatherpanel Work on New WVGA Devices (Diamond 2 & Touch Pro 2, etc.) ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
Ive been using a BlackBerry but Im picking up a WinMo device and I want to either get the current gen Diamond or Touch Pro or wait to get the Diamond 2 or Touch Pro2. My question is whether Weatherpanel will work on the newer devices properly as it is now. Storyr Im sure you probably know the answer. Thanks always for the awesome work you do.
Yes, WeatherPanel works with WVGA. Use VGA themes and icons...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

JoJoCal19 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
Thanks storyr. I was curious whether the VGA themes and icons would work or if a theme would have to be made from scratch like for the Omnias weird resolution.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

JoJoCal19 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
Will it fit across the whole screen or will the icons be really small using the VGA icons on a WVGA?
Old 06-12-2009, 09:36 AM
VIP Member

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Will it fit across the whole screen or will the icons be really small using the VGA icons on a WVGA?
Everything will fit fine. In the portrait orientation WVGA and VGA are the same width...
Old 09-06-2009, 07:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MBC1965 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to MBC1965

I have my TP2 now and I can say that it does work. However, the weather details page does not run the entire length of the screen. It's no big deal at all, but I thought I would mention it. Weather Panel lives on!
Old 09-06-2009, 11:57 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBC1965 View Post
I have my TP2 now and I can say that it does work. However, the weather details page does not run the entire length of the screen. It's no big deal at all, but I thought I would mention it. Weather Panel lives on!
I installed it as well..still works great! The "length" is a tad short; I could see MS3 calendar on the bottom, but all I need to do was change the layout in MS3 by moving the calendar widget up a bit

WP is my favorite program...thanks agian for all your hard work storyr
Old 09-08-2009, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

JoJoCal19 is a n00b

Thanks guys thats awesome to hear. Hopefully the skin floodgates open and WVGA optimized themes come out.

Storyr any chance you're working on new themes? I love your older ones.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:05 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Storyr any chance you're working on new themes? I love your older ones.
I swore PhatPhinger would be my last. I suppose reformatting it for WVGA wouldn't be too much work...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes