PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 850e' / HTC Touch Pro 2 / Sprint Evo 4G !
Carrier: Sprint

Sprints700wx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool what browser is everyone using on there 800's ?

i been using Opera Mini for a while and it has its ups and downs .. so i guess recommendations would be cool to other fellow 800 users

so i guess ill start

Opera Mini
Skyfire 1.0 (when opera acts up)

i also tried that new Mach 5 app and thought it was pretty cool features like switching to different pages (iPhone like slide)

Last edited by Sprints700wx; 05-27-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod
Re: what browser is everyone using on there 800's ?

for heavy browsing i use opera 9.5 beta, and light browsing i used PIE
Old 05-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 850e' / HTC Touch Pro 2 / Sprint Evo 4G !
Threadstarter

Sprints700wx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafyrod View Post
for heavy browsing i use opera 9.5 beta, and light browsing i used PIE
can you post the 9.5 cab so i can give it a try i been wanting to try something new .thanks
Old 05-28-2009, 08:40 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

For heavy browsing I use Skyfire 1.0. Everyday I just wanna check on something browsing I use PIE with the SPB Pocket Plus tabs.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

man, i used IE, skyf, and opera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
I use PIE with the SPB Pocket Plus tabs.
San (or nebody reading this), i woke up the other day and my spb browser option was gone u know-while in IE/menu/spb pocket plus/new tab, close tab, blah blah blah
i uninstalled and reinstalled...still nada?? it was a registered version,
ne idea on why it wud disappear???
Old 05-28-2009, 12:20 PM

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
man, i used IE, skyf, and opera.

San (or nebody reading this), i woke up the other day and my spb browser option was gone u know-while in IE/menu/spb pocket plus/new tab, close tab, blah blah blah
i uninstalled and reinstalled...still nada?? it was a registered version,
ne idea on why it wud disappear???

Hey Skee did you check the settings in Start>Settings>System>SPB Phone Pocket Plus and make sure PIE was checked off?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:38 PM
VIP Member

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Hey Skee did you check the settings in Start>Settings>System>SPB Phone Pocket Plus and make sure PIE was checked off?
ay bro..ol same ol... u know??
but thats funny u mentioned that, cuz actually i did check that. but sprint replaced my 800 wit a 850 tuesday. pocket plus isnt the same on da 850, so im not using it now, but thx 4 da reply...i was jus wondering.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
ay bro..ol same ol... u know??
but thats funny u mentioned that, cuz actually i did check that. but sprint replaced my 800 wit a 850 tuesday. pocket plus isnt the same on da 850, so im not using it now, but thx 4 da reply...i was jus wondering.
Don't mention it. Hope you like your Pro. I'm gonna hold out before replacing my 800w. Gonna see how the Pre does after a month then decide.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:02 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Don't mention it. Hope you like your Pro. I'm gonna hold out before replacing my 800w. Gonna see how the Pre does after a month then decide.
i was wanting to do the same, but it wudnt charge nemore, plus they EOL'd it, so.....i got a treo pro, but back on topic, skyfire gives u the most access, opera has a great look and feel.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w (first one 3/1/09)
Carrier: Sprrrrint

cr4west is a n00b

IE with the download liveseach cab not the OEM one. Skyfire for complex pages that demand it.

Last edited by cr4west; 05-31-2009 at 11:51 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w