PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Hermes
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 06:38 AM
sfc
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hermes

sfc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hellllllllllppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey all,

I need some help with my Hermes. i had it for about a week before doing the stupid thing and bricking it.

i had uploaded a ROM and it was running all fine and dandy until i tried syncing it to the PC. the phone would freeze up and i would have to soft reset it. this caused a problem because i wasn't able to upload the previous ROM back. then something happened and now all i get is the boot loader screen. when i hard reset it, it goes to a black screen and the LED at the top right hand corner stays on. nothing else. i can get boot loader fine but nothing else.

If there is any one out there that can help it would be great.
Thanks in advance

Sfc

Oh and if you need any additional info just say.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Hellllllllllppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if the Hermes is like the touch pro then when its in bootloader plug it into the cpu & run the RUU and it should work fine...cuz the RUU puts it into bootloader anyway so ur just skipping a step not positive tho because ive never had that phone but it should work

Dank-Ass Robba

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

viper15c is a n00b

yes havox is correct. just hold down your power and camera buttons while you press the little reset button and it will go into BL mode. i.e. the tri-color screen. then just start the ruu for your stock rom or whatever you flavor of java is and you will be back to normal in no time
Old 05-25-2009, 06:46 PM
sfc
Lurker
Threadstarter

sfc is a n00b

Thanks guys but unfortunently that was amung the first things i tried. putting it into bootloader is power and record button then reset. getting into bootloader is no problem, getting out is the sticky bit.
doing it the way mentioned will cause it to flash 1% then reset to a black screen. the LED turns on then.

????????????

Sfc
Old 05-26-2009, 01:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfc View Post
Thanks guys but unfortunently that was amung the first things i tried. putting it into bootloader is power and record button then reset. getting into bootloader is no problem, getting out is the sticky bit.
doing it the way mentioned will cause it to flash 1% then reset to a black screen. the LED turns on then.

????????????

Sfc
have u tried using a different RUU, & is your phone unlocked??
Old 05-26-2009, 06:46 PM
sfc
Lurker
Threadstarter

sfc is a n00b

fortunently the phone is unlocked. and i've tried everal RUU and several different methods.

SD i will get a loading screen up the top and then a 9 or 10 red diget number come up then back to bootloader.

flashing through bootloader i will get it to 1% then stall and reset to a black screen.

I know its a software problem and not hardware

thanks for the help,
Sfc

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Hermes